AMETEK, Inc. Customer Service Specialist in Carson City, Nevada
Customer Service Specialist
Functional Area:Customer Support
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:40
Location:US - Nevada - Carson City
Division:PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Education Required:High School Diploma
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
• Ability to respond to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders for standard product and services, requests for prices and quotations and complaints.
• Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
• Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items.
• Be able to expedite orders, quotes and requests.
• Provide pre-order, build and post-build customer support.
• Ability to analyze individual solutions and take appropriate action to ensure that customer needs are met.
• Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability by means of cross-selling, up-selling and add-on sales.
• Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
• Initiate correspondence and contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
• Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
• Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
• Ability to write effective business correspondence utilizing MS Word and Lotus.
• Prepare quotations for standard products as required and ensure that the quoted material and the customers’ requirements coincide
• Access, update and maintain records for individual accounts.
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profiles.
• Ability to follow company policies and procedures while still meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
• Communicate to purchasing and production staff any unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products as well as any changes to customer orders.
• Maintain a professional relationship and image with customers, suppliers and internal employees
• Ability to maintain high quality standards, management skills and growth without supervision.
• Coordinate activities with internal company departments, vendors and common carriers.
• Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other internal employees.
• Able to work extended hours and perform other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Specialist will work cooperatively with outside sales personnel, representatives and distributors as well as other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin levels while increasing customer satisfaction. Two/Four year degree highly beneficial.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.