Carson Tahoe Medical Technologist in Carson City, Nevada
Job Code 222
Laboratory (02) 7065
Part-time · Day shift · 12 hour shift
About Carson Tahoe Health
Carson Tahoe Health (CTH) is a not-for-profit healthcare system with 240 licensed acute care beds. Serving a population of over 250,000, CTH features two hospitals, two urgent cares, an emergent care center, outpatient services and a provider network with 19 regional locations. Voted 5th most beautiful hospital in the nation being headquartered on a beautiful master planned 80-acre medical campus, nestled among the foothills of the Sierra Nevada in North Carson City.
Performs activities pertaining to patient testing, quality control, quality assurance, continuous quality improvement, proficiency testing, instrument maintenance, inventory of supplies, as well as, those duties necessary to the operation of an efficient laboratory. Has supervisory responsibilities listed below along with additional duties assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
· Meets or exceeds the requirements for certification as General Supervisor by the State of Nevada within 6 months of employment.
· Must obtain the accredited CEU's required to maintain certification and remain current in technology, instrumentation and compliance regulations.
· A General Supervisor Certification through the State of Nevada Bureau of Licensing and Certification is required and must provide original certification annually.
· A minimum of three years clinical laboratory experience is required. Experience in JCAHO, CLIA 88, and OSHA Guidelines are a plus. Must be able to handle the functions of the position with minimum supervision.
Top 5 Reasons to Live in Carson City, Nevada
· Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful regions in the world
· Enjoy an array of outdoor activities world class skiing, golf, camping, mountain biking, hiking, water skiing, kayaking, hunting and fishing
· Just next door is Beautiful Lake Tahoe
· We are minutes from Reno known as the 'biggest little city in the world' – Fine dining, nightlife, shopping and home to the University of Nevada Reno.
· Family friendly atmosphere with affordable housing & excellent school system
· No State Income Tax
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Telehealth, Paid Time Off
· 100% Vested 401K & Roth with Company Contribution
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Referral Bonuses
· On Site Education & Certification Programs