CRI Advantage Project Manager/Scrum Master - Contract - Transportation in Carson City, Nevada
CRI Advantage is a preferred vendor with the State of Nevada and we are looking for a consultant/contractor to take the lead role in preparing a Request for Proposal (RFP) and act as Nevada Department of Transportation’s (NDOT) product owner for an Agile Scrum delivery of a transit operation management system. The system will replace other current siloed business systems with an enterprise level integrated system.
Below are silo examples the system will need to efficiently track and generate reports for:
Assets in Transit Asset Management;
Ridership in RMP;
PMP and Maintenance;
Compliance data reports;
Usage reports on agency cost allocations;
Grants and sub phases of grants; and
Planning, training, and travel budgets.
The software will also allow for in house grant application creation, development, submission, review, scoring, and approval. It will also feature grant close out procedures, as well as more accessibility for subrecipients in a centralized location. Currently the grants applications are being handled by a 3rd party at a significant cost. To address these challenges, NDOT has decided to manage this project in an Agile way using the Scrum framework.
Consultants desiring to be considered for this position should demonstrate their ability to do Scrum and show experience completing successful projects using Agile methods;
Consultant must provide the following based on the agreed upon project plan/schedule.
Completed Request for Proposal (RFP) document;
Successful procurement and implementation of a transit operation management system as described in the Project Overview and Scope of Work; and Weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Issues that need to be addressed;
- Accomplishments during the period; and Activities to be accomplished during the next reporting period.
- Positive findings from a background check are reviewed by the contracting agency, in consultation with the State Chief Information Security officer and may result in the removal of a consultant from the project.
- Other background checks may be required depending on the agency for which work will be performed.
SCOPE OF WORK
Consultant must perform all activities to the agreed upon project plan/schedule. Work must be completed according to the specifications and standards set by the State.
Consultant will take the lead role in preparing an RFP and act as NDOT’s product owner for an Agile Scrum delivery of a transit operation management system. The system will replace other current siloed business systems with an enterprise level integrated system;
The consultant will be responsible for:
- Developing the product vision;
- Writing user stories; and
- Creating, maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog.
The consultant will assist the Scrum Master with:
- Sprint review meeting;
- Attend Sprint planning meetings;
- Clearly communicate business requirements to the team;
- Get detailed level of requirements from stakeholders;
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders; and
- Attend daily Scrums.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED – listed in order of importance
Consultant must have:
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing enterprise-level projects;
Experience with a minimum of two (2) projects with similar scope;
A minimum of three (3) years in a direct Scrum role – Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Team Member;
Certification as either a Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, or both;
Excellent oral, written, documentation and presentation skills;
Excellent record keeping skills; and Performed work tasks and activities in a safe and conscientious manner.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED – listed in order of importance
DOT or state government experience desired.