The Salvation Army Sales Associate/ Clerk in Carson City, Nevada
04260 Sales Assoc PT Carson
Sales Associate/ Clerk
Please note: Completion of job application is required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job application is assessed for ability to follow directions. Incomplete job applications
will not be considered.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs
in His name without discrimination.
A. BASIC PURPOSE
To greet all customers and donors and sell/process donations in accordance with The Salvation Army's Policy.
B. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Duties as assigned by Manager/Assistant Manager including the following: stocking, cleaning, ragging out goods, operating the cash register and preparing daily paperwork
• Responsible for maintaining good customer relations and giving prompt, courteous assistance to the customer
• Ensuring the store’s appearance is clean and orderly in arrangement
• Responsible for janitorial duties, i.e. cleaning windows, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, cleaning the bathrooms, etc.
• Must answer the telephone in a courteous fashion and be able to direct the caller to the appropriate department
• Other duties as assigned
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to handle cash, make change and operate the cash register
• Must be able to take instructions without direct supervision
• Knowledge of merchandise preferable
• Previous retail experience a plus
• Must have good rapport toward customers
D. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to walk, stand, bend, climb or kneel on an intermittent or continuous basis, for up to eight hours per day if full-time
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, non-continuously
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41