Pearson Senior Market Research Analyst in Carson City, Nevada
Senior Market Research Analyst
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Since 2001, our Online & Blended Learning division has re-imagined K-12 education with full-time virtual schools for students who want a personalized, more flexible approach to learning. Our flagship products and services include Connections Academy, US-based online public charter schools; Pearson Online Academy, a global online private school; and Pearson Connexus, our comprehensive online school program for school districts nationwide.
Our company culture is built around our motto “Always Learning” and a set of core values that we live by being brave, imaginative, decent, accountable, curious, customer-centric, and collaborative.
The following description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
The Senior Market Research Analyst will lead market research efforts to better understand our target audiences, improve customer experience, and differentiate our schools in the marketplace. This person will design, execute and deliver strategic insights from qualitative and quantitative primary market research and competitive intelligence. The ideal candidate will have strong market research experience and possess excellent project management skills and success with delivering against KPIs
Design and execute research projects, including defining business question(s), developing research approach, managing vendors, analyzing the data, and communicating results, interpretation, and recommendations to a variety of cross-functional stakeholders.
● Support competitive intelligence efforts. Gather, analyze and distribute intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and target audiences for business decision-making. This includes, but is not limited to: website monitoring, investor call summaries, ad tracking, industry reporting, contract monitoring, and mystery shopping.
● Assist PR team with the review and compilation of competitive and industry news coverage for distribution in daily news clip email; share breaking industry news articles in real time with relevant stakeholders
● Manage competitive enrollment data
Employ primary and secondary resources to develop actionable insights, including competitor announcements, review sites, financial reports, analyst reports, etc. to build and communicate a detailed understanding of key competitors’ strategies, offerings, go-to-market activities, and performance
● Reimagine Chalk Talk community administration, platform, and audience engagement model
● Recruit new students, parents, and teachers to join Chalk Talk community to expand and elevate content/contributions produced
● Works closely with a broad set of stakeholders and leadership
● Maintains effective relationships within own and related areas
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, social science, psychology, statistics or related discipline
● 5 years of experience in market research
● Hand’s on experience with designing and writing questionnaires
● Demonstrated knowledge of research methodologies
● Fluent and up-to-date with the latest marketing research trends, technologies and approaches
● At least 3 years of experience owning and managing market research projects
● At least 2 years using SPSS
● Experience in education preferred but not required
● Goal-oriented self-starter with strong desire to innovate
● Ability to effectively translate businessneeds into research solutions
● Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills
● Ability to work with cross-functional teams
● Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business-critical needs
● Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources to address complex business questions
● Extreme attention to details
● Superb problem-solving skills
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $75K to $105K. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location: US-RE-Remote
Work Locations: US-Remote Remote
Organization: North America Connections
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2021
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2011876
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Pearson Jobs