Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Range Safety Technician in Clark, Nevada
Range Safety Technician
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
Range Safety Technician (RST-18-1223-F)
Bowhead seeks a Range Safety Technician for its Clark, NV office. The Range Safety Technician helps to ensure safe operations during routine and special activity missions on the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR), at Nellis AFB, NV. Primary function is to
ensure that personnel and facilities are protected from harm or damage in a testing and training range environment that sees tens of thousands of ordnance releases annually.
• Must understand the needs of the range customers and be willing to support their operations while ensuring personnel safety.
• Uses Geographic Information System software to determine permissible profiles for air and ground based ordnance users.
• Prepare safety assessment documents, and uses analytical and critical thinking to assess customer needs and develop policies and procedures that ensure safe containment of hazardous energies.
• Supports the Chief of Safety and Range Safety Engineer and interacts with military personnel, DoD-employed civilians, and contractor personnel to achieve mission goals. Must have the personal skills to work professionally in this mixed environment.
Requires four (4) years of experience or comparable combination of experience and education in at least two of the following areas:
• Mechanical and/or electrical technician
• Risk Assessment
• Geographic Information Systems
• Land or airborne navigation
• Spreadsheet and/or database software
• Technical writing
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and possess a valid driver’s license issued in the United States
• Position is located in/near Las Vegas, Nevada
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online,
driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: http://bit.ly/2NjfEUj
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41