WestCare Careers in Henderson, Nevada
Person in this position will assist the Deputy Administrator of Facilities in refurbishing, remodeling and maintenance of all facilities owned and/or operated by WestCare and all related entities. The position will include extensive travel-local, regional and out-of-state, requiring overnight stays. This person is also responsible for interviewing, hiring and supervising construction workers as well as overseeing internal staff.
Essential Job Functions:
Executive Job Functions
- Interview, negotiate rates of pay, and hire construction workers as needed for projects.
- Direct and supervise all construction workers.
- Determine methods, type of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment and tools necessary for all construction projects.
- Provide assistance to Senior Vice President of Operations in new construction, refurbishing, remodeling of all facilities owned and/or operated by WestCare and all related entities.
- Plan and manage the facility operation budgets.
Administrative Job Functions
- Interpret and implement management policies and directives to ensure that the Foundation’s operational and business goals are achieved.
- Solicit and review responses to RFPs; make recommendations to Senior Vice President of Operations regarding proposals.
Identify and collect pertinent data for analysis and create statistical spreadsheets and reports relating to special projects.
Respond to Regional/Senior Vice-Presidents’ concerns regarding facilities maintenance and safety issues by developing action plans and making recommendations to Deputy Administrator of Facilities.
- Prepare and submit reports concerning compliance with State and Federal safety regulations, fire codes, employee safety training, and facility maintenance.
General Job Functions
- Site visits to all facilities-local, regional and out-of-state
- Attend all necessary meetings and trainings to gather information needed to satisfy WestCare facility needs.
- Develop and maintain all appropriate files, records and documents regarding facility operations.
- Maintain compliance with all lease and contractual expectations in relation to facility operations.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architectural design and knowledge of architectural design and engineering for construction industry or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration and maintenance.
_Experience and Competencies:_
- Ability to lead and also be part of the team.
- 5 Years of Construction Management Required.
- Proven experience working with city & state planning departments.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time and with short notice.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Knowledge of building, fire, and safety codes and regulations.
- Ability to review and determine maintenance necessary to maintain safe facilities.
- Ability to be aware of and adhere to specific timeframes and time limitations.
Understanding of the types of programs WestCare operates.
The ability to conceptualize Quality Improvement plans and put them into operation.
- Adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct, especially to standards governing confidentiality.
- Knowledge of architectural and engineering for construction industry
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain and maintain WestCare’s vehicle insurance is required.
- Possible exposure to fumes, dust, wet/damp surfaces and extreme hot and cold conditions.
- Possible need to climb ladders, work on uneven terrain, and inspect and work in confined spaces.
- Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Extensive travel - local, regional and out-of-state including overnight stays.
- A minimum of 40 hours per week are expected but significantly more hours will be required from time to time. Completion of job duties may require working before and after normal working hours. Regular attendance is required. Being able to work as many hours as is necessary to complete job tasks is a required and essential duty of this position.
Job Location: Henderson - 1711 Whitney Mesa - Henderson, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services