HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Division Vice President Cardiovascular Service Line in Henderson, Nevada
This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development. Develops long and short-term strategies that are aligned with HCA’s and HCA Far West Division’s strategic and operational vision. Responsible for CV service line development and the Care Assure department. Works with hospital leadership to evaluate services, physician relations, financial integrity, and potential market opportunities.
MAJOR ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops long-term and short-term strategies for program performance that are aligned with HCA’s and Far West Division strategic and operational vision.
- Demonstrates accountability for service-line development to include business plan development, feasibility studies, market analysis/research, and service-line performance evaluation.
- Designs implementation strategies in collaboration with corporate, division, and facility colleagues that maximize potential for success and minimize operational disruption.
- Works with hospital leadership to evaluate scope and depth of services, physician manpower, financial feasibility, potential expansions and opportunities to create market synergies.
- Incorporates evidence based practice and management principles into strategies and tools.
- Assists our CV and Quality Leadership in utilizing public comparative data, standardized internal HCA and/or Far West Division Dashboards, ACC and STS Registry and other metrics to determine overall CV quality benchmarks.
- With the input and support from the CV and Quality Leadership, defines data requirements for monitoring performance, improvement, and outcomes of care.
- Works collaboratively with IT&S and clinical analytics to provide meaningful reports and analysis to facility, division, and corporate leaders.
- Defines clinical practice guidelines and tools to facilitate evidence-based practice, and regulatory compliance. Works with the CV Leadership, CNO and Quality Council(s) to ensure standardized adoption and support for new guidelines deployment. (e.g. standardized protocols, orders, Meditech screens etc.)
- Ensures development and implementation of effective, ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve quality of care. Works with CV and Quality leadership to assess quality opportunities that may arise periodically to determine the causes and implement steps to improve future outcomes.
- Assists in identification of opportunities to better the overall patient care, selection and adoption of evidence-based medicine guidelines and protocols.
- Demonstrates knowledge of key financial indicators; Builds business case for actions; conducts risk/benefit analysis, etc.; Monitors and effectively manages financial performance of unit/dept.; Manages unit/department budget and productivity standards.
- Demonstrates P&L responsibility and accountability for service-line. Actively monitors operating and financial indicators and ensures budget adherence. Assesses capital equipment needs and develops pro-formas to support acquisition.
Growth and Clinical Advancements:
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for service line development to include business plan development, feasibility studies, market analysis/research, service-line performance evaluation.
- In conjunction with leadership, evaluates services at respective facilities for scope, depth of service, physician manpower, financial feasibility, potential expansion and opportunities to create market synergies and leverage in service overlap.
- Continuously evaluates new technologies and recommends adoption when appropriate to growth and continuous improvement of HCA programs or services.
- Evaluates existing and emerging technologies that lead to treatment and diagnostic improvement in patient care activities.
Facilitates and Directs the Division CV Advisory Committee activities.
- In conjunction with the Chief Medical Officer and VP for Quality Services, coordinate the CV Medical Director activities.
- Routinely audits the service line's competitive position relative to the market area served and provides quarterly reports of service line status to key executives. Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations. Establishes market service line goals.
- Ensures effective collaboration between clinical departments and medical staff leadership to ensure an integrated approach to providing quality care and services.
- Focuses on the implementation of clinical standards for the Far West Division. Presents standards concepts to the respective Far West Division Council(s) (e.g. CNO, CEO, Quality) to garner support in the implementation of these clinical standards
- Focuses on providing effective and efficient, patient focused processes as the cornerstone of implementation of new technologies and evidence-based guidelines.
- Ensures collaborative working relationships with corporate departments, division, and facility leaders.
- Provides leadership in the selection, retention, training, and assignment of a competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Develops and implements communication, education and community outreach strategies to support service-line growth. Stakeholder Focus:
- Seeks to understand customers; Educates customers; Builds collaborative relationships; Takes action to meet customer needs and concerns; Sets up customer feedback systems.
- Effectively plans and produces timely, comprehensive plans; Sets clearly defined objectives, and measures for achieving long and short term objectives; Leverages available resources; Stays focused; uses time wisely.
- Demonstrates and promotes a positive customer service attitude, which encourages quality patient care and enhances the image/reputation of the facility.
About HCA Far West
As part of a strong network of hospitals throughout California and Nevada, HCA Far West is committed to supporting its healthcare professionals and ensuring their growth. Our exclusive and specialty medical services in nine hospitals and six surgical centers throughout two states, provides a full spectrum of primary, acute, tertiary and chronic care for our patients. Our specialized care areas focus on advancing the science of medicine while providing high quality, life-saving technology and patient-focused care.
HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes approximately 163 hospitals and 109 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain employing approximately 183,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities.
Licensure/ Certification/ Registration: * None
Education: * Bachelors required. * MBA, MPH or MHA preferred
Experience: * Min 5 years Cardiovascular Service Administrative Leadership in a Hospital or Market environment
Location/Travel: * Position is based in Las Vegas, with monthly travel to California and/or Nashville
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Division Vice President Cardiovascular Service Line
Location: Nevada-Henderson-Far West Division Office
Requisition ID: 09373-16613