Albertsons Service Supervisor in HENDERSON, Nevada
PURPOSE: Provides excellent customer service and ensures that all customers receive fast, friendly, accurate checkout service by passionately implementing the spirit of customer first, second to none. Assists with the operations and supervision of the front end. Assists in the completion of the daily reconciliation funds handling and other recording and balancing functions. Provides accurate records of store sales and related transactions while supporting store sales and overall operating plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service.
- Assists with supervision of front-end operations, monitors and directs customer traffic flow, coverage of checkout lanes, cleanliness and appearance. Ensures compliance with Company policies and front-end procedures (i.e. promotions, suggestive sales, scan accuracy, WIC, restricted sales, dress code, check acceptance, coupon policy, gift cards sales, associate sales, safety, loss prevention, etc.)
- May complete all phases of the reconciliation process by balancing the safe, registers, and entering and balancing all sales and cash transactions. May perform bookkeeping duties including running totals on all tills, preparing and proofing daily deposit slips, completing all front-end forms, balancing Accounts Receivable, and mailing statements to customers. Maintains sales book. Reports daily and/or weekly sales information to the division office.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls accurately. Handles intercom messages.
- Handles and assists with accountability for cash flow requirements including: safe transactions, issues and pickups, tills, check acceptance and refunds, and monitoring cashier funds handling procedures. Ensures scanning file problems are corrected in a timely manner.
- Responsible for cost and quality control and maintaining a constant awareness of customer and employee safety.
- Enforces safety, loss prevention, dress and grooming standards for all front-end employees.
- May act as backup checker. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques. Prevents shrink and sale of out of code product.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities accurate, safely and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties as directed or required.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication, leadership, team building and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain composure under pressure. Ability to deal with the public and project a positive image.
- Ability to receive incoming calls appropriately. Ability to make intercom announcements.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
- Ability to operate cash register, scale and other point of sales equipment. Ability to troubleshoot PCs and check stand equipment such as printers, scales, public announcement equipment, scanners, and cash registers.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and the analytical ability to handle administrative details such as planning and scheduling. Ability to supervise. Ability to analyze and gather facts for recommending disciplinary action and make hiring decisions.
- A good understanding of Company practices and in-depth understanding of front-end policies and procedures, and the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities. Knowledge of product variety and perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to present a positive image to the public.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and weights and measures.
- Working conditions consists of a temperature-controlled store environment.
- Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying temperatures.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company, Division, and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so classified may vary within store and/or from store to store.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled