Wells Dairy Inc. Shag Driver - 2nd Shift - Henderson, Nevada in Henderson, Nevada
Responsible for the safe and efficient transport of empty and loaded dry vans, refrigerated trailers, and tankers within the city limits of Henderson, NV to support the Wells Enterprises production plan.
- Maintain all DOT Federal and State qualifications and regulations while moving transport equipment between production facilities and/or third party warehouses.
- Ensure shag truck and trailers are kept in safe working order by conducting required pre-trip inspections and washing the shag truck and trailers as needed.
- Responsible for the safety and security of company equipment as well as all ingredient and packaging raw materials loaded on this equipment to support the production plan.
- Communicates with third party warehouse personnel and Wells Enterprises warehouse/plant personnel to indicate when/where trailers are located.
- Records all trailer movements.
- Records all shag truck and trailer mileage on a scheduled basis.
- On occasion, serves as backup to Tanker Driver position when needed.
Shift - 2nd Shift
- High school diploma.
- Must hold or be able to acquire a Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License) with AIRBRAKE, Tanker Endorsement and Hazmat Endorsement within 90 days of employment.
- Minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor/trailer safe driving experience.
- DOT regulations. Internal & external facility dock door locations.
- Good verbal communication skills - will use two-way radios as a method of communication.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to safely transport Wells equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while working under tight delivery schedules and in stressful situations.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Henderson
Req ID: 2000000595