Boyd Gaming ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for property finance compliance related activities such as the count of inventories, fixed asset verifications and gaming compliance requirements such as progressive meter readings, e-prom testing and cash observations. The Specialist also supports the Accounting Coordinator.
- Team Player: Team player demonstrated by a willingness to work with the team to achieve common goals.
- Production: Proactive self-starter who gets things done, usually without being told or reminded.
- Innovative: Ability to utilize logic, imagination and context to create intelligent solutions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Passionately engaged in learning by asking questions and actively seeking out answers.
- Commitment to Excellence: Demonstrates ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes over time or all at once.
- Ethics: Demonstrates integrity and exercises discretion in handling confidential information.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates excellent guest service by building cooperative, helpful relationships with other teams in order to work most effectively.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Performs all onsite gaming audit verifications required by regulation such as, but not limited to, progressive meter readings, currency counter testing, e-prom testing and cash count observations.
- Supports compliance with Company accounting policies and procedures.
- Input inventory requisitions (for properties with warehouses).
- Oversees the physical count of inventories consistent with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs fixed asset verifications periodically consistent with Company policies and procedures.
- Serves as necessary as back-up for property Accounting Coordinator including collecting, scanning and indexing property documents that are needed by the financial shared service center in a timely manner (within the defined Service Level Agreement)
- Serves as necessary as back-up for property scanning clerk and files all operational paperwork that is not scanned to financial shared service center
- Serves as necessary as back-up at other properties where multiple properties are co-located within a single geographic area.
- Perform all functions with the highest level of integrity.
- Observe and follow all safety procedures.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
- High School diploma, preferred.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts if needed, including weekends and holidays, particularly during month-end close periods.
- Able to effectively communicate and present in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or licenses.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize based on urgency.
Department: CA - Accounting
Category: Accounting / Finance
Position Code: CAPSPAC00
Status: Full Time