SMG Accounts Payable Clerk in Las Vegas, Nevada
ASM Global ASM Global is the world's leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company's elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world's most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Accounts Payable Clerk supports the Finance and Accounting Department and is responsible for gathering, routing, coding, and processing invoices from vendors, as well as, expense reports from employees and/or contractors
- Process invoices for payment which includes accurately entering in invoice information and accounting coding into the general ledger system (accounts payable module), obtaining invoice approvals, and developing voucher packages. Process check disbursement, match vouchers with invoices, and mail disbursement and remittance documentation.
- Serve as a point of contact for vendors and internal clients for inquiries related to accounts payable activity. Ensure invoices are paid on a timely basis while not duplicating payments. Effectively monitor and follow up on invoices placed on hold.
- Obtain vendor statements and process unpaid invoices in a timely manner.
- Perform other accounting and payroll functions as they arise (e.g., ad hoc reporting, etc.). Support year-end audit functions.
- Request W9 information for new vendor maintenance to properly setup for payment of invoices.
- Complete vendor credit requests as needed.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Accounting or Finance support experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years office administrative/accounting support experience
- Proficient PC skills in Internet Explorer, Outlook, MS Office Excel, Word.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail is required; good with numbers and comfortable working with data
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems and discrepancies in systems
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with JDE, Image Now and Concur is preferred
- Experience in fund accounting support
- Experience in general ledger accounting support
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled