The Salvation Army Assistant Store Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Assistant Store Manager
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: STORE MANAGER
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of one year previous retail experience as a supervisor.
• Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to schedule and supervise store employees.
• Must hold a valid drivers license, be able to show proof of insurance and have access to a motor vehicle.
• Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management, store employees, customers and donors.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
• Ability to operate a telephone
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the day-to-day operation of the store.
Assumes responsibility for all day to day store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
Provides coaching, training and development to the Store Employees.
Supports Store Manager for maintaining good customer relations with customers and the community and setting example by greeting all customers and donors.
In absence of Store Manager, communicate any personnel issues with Administration.
In absence of Store Manager, processing of paperwork per Review Standards, especially as it relates to Hour and Wage Compliance.
Implement appropriate loss prevention measures.
In absence of Store Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift change team meetings.
Completes all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager.
Overtime. Any and all overtime must have the written approval of the supervisor, Administrator, or his designate. His initials must appear on the time card beside the overtime hours.
Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by your supervisor, Administrator or designate.