The Salvation Army Southwest Division ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER in Las Vegas, Nevada
|Title||Assistant Store Manager|
|Description||JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER|
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: STORE MANAGERQUALIFICATIONS:* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must have a minimum of one year previous retail experience as a supervisor.
* Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register and have ability to schedule and supervise store employees.
* Must hold a valid drivers license, be able to show proof of insurance and have access to a motor vehicle.
* Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
* Ability to communicate effectively with management, store employees, customers and donors.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:* Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
* Ability to operate a telephone
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasksESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Takes an active role and partners with the Store Manager in the day-to-day operation of the store.
2. Assumes responsibility for all day to day store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
3. Provides coaching, training and development to the Store Employees.
4. Supports Store Manager for maintaining good customer relations with customers and the community and setting example by greeting all customers and donors.
5. In absence of Store Manager, communicate any personnel issues with Administration.
6. In absence of Store Manager, processing of paperwork per Review Standards, especially as it relates to Hour and Wage Compliance.
7. Implement appropriate loss prevention measures.
8. In absence of Store Manager, coordinate daily morning and shift change team meetings.
9. Completes all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager.
|Requirements||Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protect qualified individuals from discrimination on the basis of disability in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. Disability discrimination includes not making reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or employee, barring undue hardship.The Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212, prohibits job discrimination and requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment disabled veterans, recently separated veterans (within three years of discharge or release from active duty), other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veterans (veterans who, while on active duty, participated in a U.S. military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded).If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 702-399-2769 and we will coordinate your accommodation request.|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.