Wynn Las Vegas Beverage Manager - Contemporary Mexican Cuisine in Las Vegas, Nevada
Wynn Las Vegas will expand its culinary offerings with the unveiling of a new contemporary Mexican restaurant in an exclusive partnership with Enrique Olvera, Daniela Soto-Innes, and Santiago Perez, the team behind acclaimed restaurants Cosme and Atla in New York City and Damian, which will debut later this year in Los Angeles.
Enrique Olvera, internationally lauded chef and owner of the celebrated fine dining restaurant Pujol in Mexico City and author of cookbooks including the best-selling Tu Casa Mi Casa, will partner with Daniela Soto-Innes, recent recipient of elit™ Vodka World’s Best Female Chef and Santiago Perez, investment banker turned passionate restaurateur. The award-winning team will create a highly anticipated restaurant that combines authentic Mexican flavors, exceptional service and a high-energy social atmosphere, making it the perfect addition to Wynn’s extensive dining portfolio.
Assists the General Manager/Director of Operations to oversee the development and implementation of beverage strategies to ensure execution of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives to ensure that the restaurant’s dishes are rooted in Mexican ingredients and flavors and prepared according to time tested and specialized Mexican techniques and that the restaurant environment provides an authentic Mexican experience. Assist to position the restaurant to meet the brand's target guest needs, ensures employee satisfaction/engagement, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the business while maintaining the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
- Ensuring the venue runs according to established operating policies and procedures
- Manage the venue cost-effectively and efficiently within the budget
- Develop and implement an innovative business strategy to maximize revenue, decrease expenses, and increase staff productivity
- Prepare, present, share, and discuss daily reports to venue management/executive team
- Prepare floorplans, conduct pre-shifts, communicate to chef’s/staff about operational details, and handle VIP services on a nightly basis.
- Assist in overseeing restaurant administration
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
- Manage the research, development, and implementation of new ideas (products, service techniques, environmental additions) to ensure the venue remains competitive and relevant
- Monitors fiscal budgets and the long-term development of the operation, regarding revenue, costs, hourly labor and other expenses, in accordance with Wynn Las Vegas Standards
- Assist to conduct menu engineering, sales analysis on a regular basis and recommend areas to minimize costs and maximize revenue
- Correct any deviations from service procedures swiftly through on the job training, one on one’s, and testing.
- Conduct daily briefings and disseminate company information to the restaurant management team, while listening and noting feedback to improve in the operation.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships/rapport with all (internal/external) guests, focusing efforts to exceed guest expectations at every opportunity
- Populate nightly reports and record daily details of operation for executive team to review
- Assist and perform duties assigned by the General Manager/Director of Operations.
- Identify and anticipate customers’ needs and expectations, while fulfilling Wynn’s Brand Values.
- Accommodate all special guest engagements or celebrations, extending offers to amplify the experience.
- Request feedback and gather specific information (cleanliness, food quality, service) concerning the dining experience.
- Be knowledgeable in all facets of the work environment (hotel, other departments, etc.) to ensure all guest inquiries are handled properly.
- Address all guests’ requests (verbal, on-line, Medallia, etc) and handle complaints in a satisfying and timely manner.
- Provide feedback to guests’ recommendations and share their ideas with staff and management and include in planning and operations
- Provide personalized service to media and VIP guests, ensuring all pertinent departments in the operation are aware of these individuals and their notes.
People Management and Training
- Provide supervision, direction, and leadership to the management team/staff to achieve and exceed department goals
- Delegate tasks equitably among the restaurant management team, while pushing them to grow and learn different things in the operation
- Develop and share with the team the vision for the venue, customer service goals, and financial objectives
- Coach, motivate, counsel and evaluate management staff and encourage their participation in decision-making
- Aid in staff hiring, training, and development for both managers and line-level positions
- Identify and develop each Team Members individual strengths to maximise team performance, while correcting any weaknesses to also promote accountability.
- Create operational manuals and relay proper information to all departments to ensure all employees are on the same page and holding team members accountable for their actions.
- Provide testing (written, verbal, instructional) to all Team Members to ensure important information is being understood
- Assess service standards and arrange training sessions and refresher courses for management staff in coordination with the outlet trainer
- Promote a work environment where employees feel valued, appreciated, involved, equal and safe, and respected.
Company and Department Responsibilities
- Consistently review, modify, and implement changes to all relevant operational avenues (menus, service, costs) to amplify profitability
- Continually think of creative ideas to enhance the restaurant’s image, service standards, and revenue streams on a daily basis
- Interact with other pertinent departments within the hotel to ensure assistance is always provided when needed
- Attend department and inter-department meetings and share relevant information
- Encourage good relationships, promote team spirit, and ensure effective two-way and multicultural communications between all departments.
- Adhere to the company policies and procedures and comply with the Code of Conduct
- Follow SNHD health and OHSA safety standards, while striving for constant improvement to avoid health and injury hazards for our guests and employees alike.
Competencies and Requirements
Experience: Minimum of two years’ supervisory experience in a luxury, fine-dining restaurant/bar/lounge.
Knowledge:Excellent knowledge of high-end Mexican cuisine, tequila, mixology, cost control, reporting (P&L’s) and social dining service experience.
Social Media:Instagram Savvy and/or Facebook
Licenses:Able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards pertinent to the job, including but not limited to a valid health card, hearing test, or alcohol awareness card.
Education: Secondary school diploma or above; Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management is preferred
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, POS (Micros), purchasing software, warehouse requisition software, time-keeping software, SevenRooms host system (or relatable host system)
*Physical requirements: *Ability to stand long hours at a time
Appearance:Maintain a clean and professional appearance, adhering to the partners and Wynn standards
- Experience with Mexican food and beverage operations (service, culinary, beverage and culture)
- Experience with pre-openings, planning and project management
- Must possess outstanding leadership, organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail with a true focus on the entire guest experience
- Self-motivated, organized, confident, friendly and polite
- Team player who responds quickly to demands and thrives in a high-pressure work environment
- Able to work all shifts and be flexible regarding work schedules according to business demands
- Must have previous experience managing employees using a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Wynn Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Wynn Resorts does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job Type: Hospitality - HotelRestaurant - Food Service
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 2/12/2019