WestCare Careers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Behavioral Health Technicians work under the supervision of a Counselor and assist with the delivery of individual, group and family counseling services and completion of documentation required for the clinical record including, but not limited to; implementation of the Individual Service Plan (ISP), daily notes and weekly reviews. Behavioral Health Technicians will attend interdisciplinary treatment team meetings and provide treatment throughout the client’s care. Under the direction of a Counselor Level II or III, Behavioral Health Technicians will assist with crisis intervention and de-escalation of situations to ensure safety to all. Behavioral Health Technicians will follow directions of Counselors to insure proper client care. Behavioral Health Technicians will implement an approved curriculum as the basis for group and individual counseling.
Essential Job Functions:
- Under the direction of a Counselor Level I or above, utilize counseling and psychotherapy to evaluate and treat emotional and mental problems and conditions, whether cognitive, behavioral, or affective.
- Under the direction of a Counselor Level I or above, provide individual, group and family counseling.
- Under the direction of a Counselor Level I or above, take necessary actions to provide crisis intervention. Implementing WestCare procedures regarding crisis intervention as appropriate.
- General client supervision in daily living activities and general program operation.
- Provide direct counseling services to clients.
- Monitor and assess client behavior and report problems/observations to immediate supervisor.
- Under the direction of a Counselor Level I or above, implement Individual Treatment/Service Plans.
- Report to immediate supervisor any unusual incidents that should be brought to the attention of the Program Director, Regional Vice President or regulatory agency.
- Complete documentation required for clinical records and other reports as assigned.
- Attend all interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance to ensure continuity of counseling services to clients.
- Provide transportation as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Maintain all data collection logs on a daily basis.
- Assist with overall facility maintenance and general housekeeping.
- Follow all WestCare policies and procedures.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of WestCare Foundation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the highest ethical and professional standard as to clients and employees.
- Ability to avoid all dual relationships with clients (any personal, financial, business, social or sexual relationship or other activity outside the context of the traditional therapist-patient relationship).
- Meet all state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines in provision of client services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of initiative.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain and maintain eligibility for WestCare Vehicle Insurance.
- Ability to be part of the team.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED with strong preference for Associate or Bachelor Degree in social or behavioral services field.
- Indoor and outdoor settings.
- Group and/or individual counseling sessions.
- Direct contact with clients of all ages and levels of functioning.
- Fast paced environment.
- Potential for high noise level at times.
- A minimum of 40 hours per week are expected but significantly more hours will be required from time to time. Completion of job duties may require working before and after normal working hours. Regular attendance is required. Being able to work as many hours as is necessary to complete job tasks is a required and essential duty of this position.
Essential Physical and Mental Demands of the Job
The employee must be able to perform the following essential duties and activities with or without accommodation:
- Requires mobility and physical activity: Having an adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in an office, residential, or outdoor environment including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), sitting for extended periods of time, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds. Use of computer and telephone systems is required which includes coordination of eye and hand, and fine manipulation by the hands (typing, writing, and working with files). Requires the ability to defend oneself and clients in physically abusive situations through the use of approved physical de-escalation techniques.
- Requires talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is required to impart oral information to employees, clients, patients, and the public, and in those activities in which the employee is required to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Requires hearing: Hearing is required to receive and communicate detailed information through oral communication.
- Requires seeing: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and at distance. This factor is required to complete paperwork for many of the employee’s essential job functions and to observe client behavior and activities in and out of the facility.
- The normal work routine involves no exposure to human blood, body fluids or tissues. However, exposure or potential exposure may be required as a condition of employment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be readily available to every employee.
- Requires the ability to collect and analyze complex numerical and written data and verbal information to reach logical conclusions.
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with clients, co-workers, managers, the public and employees at all levels in order to exchange ideas, information, instructions and opinions.
- Requires the ability to work under stress and in emotionally charged settings.
- The ability to defend oneself and clients in mentally/verbally abusive situations through the use of approved mental/verbal de-escalation techniques.
Job Location: Las Vegas - 5649-5659 Duncan - Las Vegas, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $13.94 - $13.94 Hourly
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services