Alsco Inc Custodian/Janitor in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Summary: The Custodian is responsible for general maintenance and cleanliness of equipment, facilities and grounds. This position is also referred to as Janitor. Performs other tasks as required.
Performs heavy cleaning duties such as clean plant equipment using compressed air and other methods.
Scrub, sanitize, vacuum, sweep and mop.
Dispose of trash, clean up spills, replace air fresheners, change out light bulbs, lock doors, paint, maintain water coolers, prepare facilities for events such as meetings or banquets.
Clean offices, bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
Move furniture, supplies, textiles or equipment within departments or into storage and assist other departments with other tasks.
Apply insecticides and fumigants, trim shrubbery and perform other outside maintenance, clear walkways of snow or leaves.
Participate in Safety programs such as committees or emergency contingency, use Personal Protective Equipment as needed, notify supervision of repair needs, spills, safety concerns or hazardous situations.
Keep records of maintenance, monitor cleaning supplies, restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
Operate a powered industrial truck to move, transfer, load and unload.
Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
Keep work area neat and clean.
Perform other tasks as required.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately.
In some locations, be able and certified to safely operate a powered industrial truck.
Basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures or willing to learn.
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
Work independently, comprehend and follow written or verbal direction. Education:
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, bending, reaching, twisting, working in cramped areas, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 90 lbs., carrying up to 50 lbs., and stooping.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, in general offices, outside grounds, variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
Physical requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Requisition Number: 18-3282
Post Date: 11/9/2018
Posting Expiration Date: 11/15/2018
City: Las Vegas