Desert Fire Protection, LP Designer in Las Vegas, Nevada
|Company:||Desert Fire Protection||Department:||Operations|
|Location:||Las Vegas, NV||Hiring Manager:||Craig Gutierrez|
|Closing Date:||06/30/2018 at 11:59pm CDT||Job Type:||Full-Time|
|Responsible for making our #1 critical success factor, safety first, a priority in all tasks and activities performed by self and all others involved. Plan and lay out fire sprinkler systems using architectural drawings, and prepare calculations for construction projects. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS |
1. Responsibilities include producing accurate and effective construction plans for the purpose of generating material deliveries and field installation.
2. Coordinate the design with other personnel working on same project to minimize design conflicts.
3. Upon completion of drawings and receipt of all required approvals, prepare an accurate stock listing of all materials required for the project and requisition same.
4. Prepare preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams for plumbing systems. Reviews manufacturer's drawings with respect to company's design criteria.
5. Prepare layout, detail, and assembly drawings using Autosprink software. Analyze design and confer with management to resolve details that are not completely defined. Redesign, modify, or edit existing design as needed.
6. Investigate and procure all data required to develop a design. Prepare material lists to accompany diagrams.
7. Apply all preliminary information and contributing data to develop final design. Display final drawings to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy.
8. May act as a liaison between the Company and the Client.
9. This position is required to drive.
10. Perform additional duties as assigned.
|Educational and experience requirements include: Two to four-year degree/certificate program; or have two to four years of related experience and/or training; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience. NICET level II is a plus. Completion of OSHA 10 hour training - certification. Working knowledge of Autosprink software. Must have safe driving record and a valid driver's license according to legal requirements.|
|Key Skills & Competencies |
Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete projects on schedule. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Background check, credit check, MVR and drug screen may be required (will vary by position). We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans. EEO/AAP
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.