Las Vegas Sands Corp. Engineer - Full Stack in Las Vegas, Nevada
Engineer - Full Stack
Apply now »
× Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Date: Feb 24, 2021
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, US
Company: Las Vegas Sands Corp.
The primary responsibility of the Engineer – eCommerce Full Stack is to assist in guiding all stages of enterprise software development including design and management of server, network and hosting environments, design and development of relational and non-relational databases and design and development of API-driven applications using enterprise design patterns. The Engineer – eCommerce Full Stack is expected to leverage multiple mainstream, contemporary languages and frameworks, designing and developing software with security as a critical, implicit requirement. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and The Venetian Resort’s policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Participate in design and development activities across eCommerce initiatives.
· Ensure cross platform optimization for mobile technology.
· Responsible for on time delivery and operational support.
· Lead development and implementation of technical solutions based upon product requirements, technical specifications, while enforcing coding standards and participating in code reviews.
· Responsible for coordination of testing activities and resolving issues related to code and application/infrastructure configurations.
· Drive development and implementation phases of the development life cycle for the brand booking engine, websites, mobile application and other projects aimed at achieving business objectives and enhancing our digital guest experience.
· Engage and manage third-party technology teams supporting entire eCommerce marketing technology stack.
· Responsible for maintenance and operational support, ensuring availability and uptime of eCommerce systems.
· Accurately estimate technical level of effort and scope of requirements for assigned projects.
· Coordinate acceptance testing with eCommerce Team Members.
· Evaluate latest technologies and standards to drive continuous improvements within the eCommerce system with a focus on improving our guest experience.
· Responsible to present technology solutions to eCommerce leadership.
· Independently responsible for release and deployment activities against product and technology roadmaps.
· Safety is an essential function of this job.
· Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Company Standards of Conduct
All Venetian | Palazzo Team Members are expected to conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner at all times. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct. Team Members are expected to behave in a manner that supports a harmonious work environment to help us deliver unmatched service to our guests and customers.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
· 21 years of age.
· Proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering or equivalent.
· 5+ years of technology experience as a Full Stack Engineer.
· Familiarity with property and patron management systems as they apply within the hotel industry. Experience on LMS (Agilysys) and ACSC (Bally) is helpful.
· Hands-on development experience on Adobe AEM platform helpful.
· Mastery across common artifacts used in common software development lifecycles. For example, UML, Entity Relationship, Flow charts, System diagrams and network diagrams.
· Well versed in eCommerce technology concepts and best practices such as clustering, cloud-based solutions, multi-threading, stateless/stateful services and 24/7 operations.
· Understanding of database design and technology including tuning, normalization, warehousing, data mining, and reporting - highly proficient in development using SQL Server.
· Hands-on experience leveraging Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) paradigms including infrastructure service options, messaging styles, and canonical design.
· Conversant with networking technologies and approaches such as routers, firewalls, load balancers, IPS/IDS, VPNs, sub-nets and DMZs
· Experience within shell scripting, Perl and python in service of creating new, redesigning, modifying existing scripts to support and improve CICD processes, Java-based application functional dependencies, data feeds, reporting, batch jobs, and overall system performance.
· Familiar with configuration and maintenance of WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IIS and NGINX.
· Knowledge of front-end SPA frameworks like Angular.JS and HTML5, CSS a plus.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada Gaming Control Board registration and any other certification or license, as required by law or policy.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in spoken and written form.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and other Team Members of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
· Must be able to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
Must be able to:
· Lift or carry 10 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks, as assigned.
· Physically access all areas of the property and drive areas with or without a reasonable accommodation.
· Maintain composure under pressure and consistently meet deadlines with internal and external customers and contacts.
· Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with guests, management, other team members, and outside contacts.
· Ability for prolonged periods of time to walk, stand, stretch, bend and kneel.
· Work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
· Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, dust, and cigarette smoke.