Criterion Systems Inc. Enterprise Service Desk Analyst-NNSA in Las Vegas, Nevada
At Criterion Systems, Inc., we developed a different kind of business-a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. Our Offerings: *100% employee-owned private Government contractor founded in 2005. *High retention rate because we work hard at holding onto talent. *Excellent Leadership Team comprised of individuals who have successfully built and run businesses and are involved in day-to-day operations to include an open-door policy. Are you ready to be appreciated?
Criterion Systems is seeking to immediately hire an Enterprise Service Desk Analyst to support a government customer in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The candidate will be part of a Service Desk / Network Operations team working in a 24x7x365 environment. The position requires interaction with security personnel at customer sites, various levels of management, and outside agencies. Position can include up to 10% travel, local and nationwide. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are critical with the ability to verbalize and provide documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires shift work based on 24x7x365 operations.
- Support the current reporting of weekly and monthly enterprise metrics.
- Follow up on technical issues with Operations engineering team and all stakeholders in resolution process.
- Support accurate updates of service tickets and tracking problem to resolution.
- Maintain enterprise customer point of contact information.
- Provide initial remote troubleshooting, analysis, and triage of reported events.
- Act as both an external and internal facing point of contact to facilitate handling of problem reports and escalate technical issues and communicate network status
- Support software and hardware issues and ensure stable system performance.
- Execute engineering tasks in support of system performance tuning on workstations, applications or network infrastructure in support Linux, Unix, Microsoft Windows operation systems services, observe industry best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Support maintenance and monitoring of the system/server infrastructure to include patching, system upgrade, backup, and configuration.
- Conduct problem management process (root cause analysis) attempt to determine the real or underlying cause of an incident in order to prevent future recurrences. Also support forensic analysis, triage and break fix of system server/server related trouble tickets.
- Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team.
- Receive and document subscriber site security incident reports, and communicate to appropriate parties.
- Assist in account management for internal users and external subscriber organizations.
- Perform certification and professional development training to remain current on technologies and to improve skill sets and efficiency.
- Tracking and documenting daily work tasks and issues and communicating them with the rest of the team
- Update management on operational and staffing issues.
- This position may require shift work.
- Develop and maintain workflows and standard operating procedures for the Service Desk / Network Operations Center.
- US Citizenship
- Active TS or Q equivalent security clearance, or the ability to pass required clearance investigations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related engineering discipline. Bachelor's Degree can be substitute with 4 years of work experience in customer service, computer or information technology related field.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Awareness and knowledge of the following technologies:
- Enterprise Linux
- Microsoft Windows
- Database and SQL
- Solaris/Oracle operating systems
- Customer service focus, and strong interface/communication skills
- Ability to ask relevant questions of customers and engineers in support of problem resolution.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to follow procedures and work instructions to perform tasks
- Identify process gaps and proactively improve system inefficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support shift work _ Current shift is midnight so must be able to support this shift to be considered.
- Compliance with CND IAT-I, IAT-II, or IAT-III within six months.
Criterion Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class