FirstService Residential Front Desk in Las Vegas, Nevada
This position services residents by providing information and services. The Front Desk Associate must be self-motivated, outgoing, detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to identify and organize resources to provide personal service expected by residents. Able work independently and without direct supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty
- Must be self-motivated, outgoing, detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Must meet and greet residents, check guests and service providers in and out.
- Must be able to identify and clarify resident's needs and desires. Must answer questions and give direction and instructions and develop inventories of services.
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Anticipates services required by ascertaining mood and style of residents, identifying options, developing itineraries.
- Improves services by obtaining and evaluating resident observations opinions, and criticisms.
- Maintains guest privacy and organization reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Responds to emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Monitors and screens messages.
- Controls access for authorized vendors to provide services within units to the building.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances department and organizational reputation by accepting and accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains daily log, records and forms.
- Resolves and follows-up on all complaints/issues.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building/property (s).
- May be assigned other duties by the on-site property manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Able to read, write, and orally communicate clearly in English.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong abilities with computers are required (including word, outlook, and excel). Multiple language fluency would be desirable.
- Must be able to understand and be knowledgeable in emergency response and access control procedures; electronic security control systems and logs, records and forms for the property.
- Ability to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms.
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of spoken and written word.
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on project requirements. Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
- Requires basic math skills and an understanding of basic accounting practices and principles.
- The position also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Should also possess the ability to solve an array of personnel and customer related problems with the end result of positive resident and guest experience.
- Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs, by following appropriate safety procedures
- Strong communication, verbal and written, and inter-personal skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply today or join our community and learn more about FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled