MV Transportation HIRING EVENT - Drivers in Las Vegas, Nevada
Now Hiring DRIVERS*HIRING EVENT - Careers in Motion*When:Wednesday, May 16Time:9 am to 2 pmLocation:Texas Station, Dallas Ballroom2101 Texas Star Lane, North Las Vegas, NV 89032Questions Please call: 702-647-5100We can put you on the road to a great career helping others!
MV Transportation is seeking safe and reliable drivers to provide efficient public transportation.
If you can't attend the hiring event,*Walk in Applicants Welcome:Monday through Friday 8am - 3pmWalk in Location Address:* 3210 Citizen Ave, North Las Vegas, Nevada 89302
Can't stop by our office, apply online at: http://tinyurl.com/div222app
- We offer Paid Training
- We'll help you obtain your CDL Class B license
- Eligible for benefits package (after qualification period)
- Provide safe transportation and maintain on-time performance.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service to passengers, including assisting with boarding and de-boarding, communicating pertinent information, and responding appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Understanding of ADA compliance
- Communicate effectively with dispatch or central office via two way radio.
- Adjust to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger incidents, accidents and trip changes.
- Employ all techniques of defensive driving to minimize risk.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly.
- Ability to navigate the service area through use of maps.
- Ability to communicate effectively with passengers, passenger representatives and system staff.
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations and ensure the safety of all passengers and employees.
- Knowledge of the service area.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or over.
- Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License or permit, with passenger endorsements, and a valid Medical Examination Card when on duty.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a strong attendance record.
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public.
- Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures.
- Write reports in a coherent, legible manner.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job Type: Customer Service, Hospitality - Hotel, Transportation
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/5/2018