U.S. Bank International Compliance Quality Assurance Testing Analyst in Las Vegas, Nevada
Conduct regulatory compliance testing of Elavon’s international merchant acquiring activities in the European Union. Assess the business line’s compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures, international and local laws and regulations, card brand and network rules, as well as the adequacy of internal controls. Successful candidate will develop comprehensive testing plans, determine representative sample selections, execute testing plans timely, document and report findings and recommend corrective action measures.
The ideal candidate will perform the following essential functions:
· Conduct regular compliance testing of Elavon’s international merchant acquiring activities in the European Union to ensure compliance with applicable procedures and legal requirements, including card brand and network rules.
· Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in place to ensure compliance.
· Gather and analyze data to provide feedback to management regarding testing results.
· Research and assist the business line identify root causes of exceptions.
· Provide detailed written reports summarizing findings and recommended corrective actions.
· Escalate matters of concern to management timely.
· Keep abreast of legal and regulatory matters affecting the compliance testing program.
· Maintain thorough documentation of work performed and support for conclusions.
· Validate business line’s corrective actions taken in response to previously identified compliance deficiencies.
· Participate in a variety of compliance projects and initiatives as necessary.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Three to five years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
Thorough understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
Thorough knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
Applicable professional certifications preferred
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180035315
Other Locations: United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.