Albertsons Liquor Manager in LAS VEGAS, Nevada
PURPOSE: Directs and controls the operation of the liquor department. Supervises and trains liquor personnel. Ensures customer service and product quality, selection and presentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service in the liquor department.
- Liaises with vendors. Orders, receives and breaks downloads. Stocks, displays and rotates product in the liquor department to ensure quality, selection, eye-appeal and proper inventory level to meet customer demands. Creates effective displays for mixers, beer, liquor, wine and other related merchandise in the liquor department.
- Operates check stand equipment such as cash register and scanner to process customer orders. Handles customers relations. Assists customers by answering questions on product quality and taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom announcements.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal liquor sales laws and Company restricted sales and loss prevention policies. Monitors inventory and space security.
- Supervises, motivates, trains and participates in the hiring of liquor personnel. Monitors associate performance and recommends personnel actions such as hiring, firing, layoff and disciplinary action. Schedules personnel to ensure adequate coverage, service level and meeting of budgetary goals.
- Supervises the day to day functions of the liquor department to achieve customer service, and sales and profit objectives.
- Conducts daily inspections of the liquor department and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with maintain in stock conditions, sanitation, safety and security requirements.
- Assists with all liquor duties such as: cleaning, stocking, storage and customer service.
- Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs. Follows Company
- transmittal procedures. Maintains records on ad items movement. Takes inventories and maintains accurate department records.
- Maintains and organizes sales area, backroom and cooler.
- Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow.
- Follows Company policy in pricing and handling reduced-to-clear items.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Reviews MicroStrategy reports to best determine movements on items within subcategories, to make the best business decision on display and shelf qualities.
- Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance and reports observations to the Store Director. Resolves associate complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales and other Company information.
- Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
- Other necessary and required duties.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires working knowledge of all job duties within the Liquor Department.
- Requires strong communication skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills, the proven ability to manage people and the ability to maintain composure in dealing with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Requires knowledge of employment laws and workplace practices.
- Requires a good understanding of Company practices and Liquor Department policies and procedures on storage, safety, sanitation and loss prevention. Requires knowledge of state and federal liquor sales laws.
- Must be able to learn types, nomenclature, alcohol content, uses and care of liquor department products. Requires an awareness of popular drink recipes.
- Requires the ability to judge and react to business activity.
- Must have knowledge of product quality, variety, standards, sanitation and labeling.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics and metric measurements.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. Bends, stoops and reaches frequently and may climbs ladders. Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheeler carts and pallet jacks.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Operates computer software and electronic ordering devices to order products, plan sales, input inventory and schedules and print labels.
- Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment. Utilizes safety cutters, compactors and check stand equipment.
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to cutting equipment, electrical displays and other work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Frequent exposure to 33˚ to 40˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company, Division and Store policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each store and from store to store.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled