FirstService Residential Maintenance Tech in Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Maintaining an attractive, safe and pleasing environment for residents is of the utmost importance in delivering service to the community. Under supervision, performs routine maintenance in the common areas. Maintaining a good relation with the residents is required.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Remove litter from common areas and from within public right away areas daily and per schedule.
- Clean restrooms per prescribed schedule and document in appropriate log.
- Ensure that supplies/tools are attended at all times.
- Store tools/cart out of site while on break.
- Performs minor and major repair of common area buildings and equipment as needed, document for follow through with appropriate work order system.
- Install light bulbs and conduct minor repairs on ground level lighting or lighting that can be reached with a 6 foot ladder.
- Paint exterior and interior walls, structures, fencing, etc, as needed and document through appropriate work order process.
- Clean and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets, mirrors and walls.
- Clean and sanitize showers and replenish supplies in restrooms or on assigned schedule.
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, strip and polish floors; vacuum and shampoo carpets as scheduled. Maintain documentation in appropriate log.
- Dust and polish furniture, wood work, fixtures, and equipment.
- Clean kitchen countertops as needed.
- Empty and sanitize waste receptacles; pickup papers and other debris per schedule.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment and setup rooms for meetings as needed.
- Maintain common areas including but not limited to sweeping decks, power washing walkways, removing cobwebs, cleaning deck furniture, emptying and cleaning ash trays, removing fallen yard debris, picking up garbage and disposing of garbage at appropriate disposal sight.
- Operate a variety of hand and powered tools which could include saws, drills, floor buffers, vacuums, carpet cleaners, power washers and other tools used in building and ground maintenance.
- Remove graffiti and caused repair to common area components damaged by vandalism daily and record in appropriate log work order system.
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions.
- Must be capable of being bonded.
- Basic principles of plumbing, wood finishing, painting, electricity and carpentry.
- Knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in custodial work.
- One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work. High School Diploma or GED. Two years of custodial or janitorial experience; work as maintenance technician is also considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled