SMG Network Engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada
ASM Global ASM Global is the world's leading venue management and services company. The company was formed by the combination of AEG Facilities and SMG, global leaders in venue, event strategy, and management. The company's elite venue network spans five continents, with a portfolio of more than 300 of the world's most prestigious arenas, stadiums, convention and exhibition centers, and performing arts venues. From Aberdeen to Anchorage, and Sydney to Stockholm, its venues connect people through the unique power of live experiences.
Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, NV, will be the future home of the Las Vegas Raiders of the National Football League and the UNLV Rebels of the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision. The 65,000 seat, 1.75 million square foot, state of the art domed stadium will also host many world-class sporting and entertainment events, including the 2020 and 2021 Pac-12 Football Championship, and will serve as the annual site of the Las Vegas Bowl. The stadium will also host large trade and corporate shows, public gatherings, private events, and a robust tour program.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the day to day support of Allegiant Stadium's Technology network environments as well as plans and manages the installation, configuration and tuning of all network infrastructure. The Network Engineer also performs a wide variety of technical duties which include, but are not limited to, root cause analysis, network design, network hardware installation, documentation, maintenance, and repair/upgrade of network hardware and software.
- Architect, configure, and implement solutions for switching, routing, wireless and network security using network design best practices to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for installation of client/promoter/vendor network, telecommunications and various other technology like Wi-Fi, IPTV, etc. needs for events and shows. Assist and support other team members as well as other departments in resolving any operational issues that affect clients/promoter/vendor/events. Work with various 3rd parties to facilitate, manage and execute any special event Technology requirements.
- Provide level IIII (advanced) support and provide guidance to the core IT teams. Advanced support includes packet captures, working with third party support groups, and providing mentorship to fellow team members.
- Maintain various WAN, LAN, security, wireless, and cloud networking devices in Allegiant Stadium's environment using industry best practices to ensure optimum network performance.
- Oversee assigned projects as well as events and produce network designs within the projects budget to complete projects in a timely manner using scheduling guidelines.
- Document physical and logical network designs and speak to the nature of the designs to provide management with the details they require for their approval of new network designs and proposed network changes.
- Perform research and conduct POC's to stay on top of emerging technologies and industry trends. Develop SOP's, and new operating models to expand efficiencies across the organization.
- Establish and maintain a Continual Service Improvement culture through various Research and Development initiatives.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Information Technology or related field
3-5 years' experience with the following:
Sports & Entertainment venues Technologies.
- Events or Project Management
- Network Infrastructure Design & Implementation
- Configuration, Incident, Change, and Problem Management
CCNA Routing and Switching (Required)
- CCNA Security (Preferred)
- CCNA Wireless (Preferred)
- CCNP Routing and Switching (Preferred)
- Expert level experience with BGP, OSPF, and IPSec
- Strong experience with designing, managing and implementing a fully converged network including WiFi, firewalls, routers, and switches using industry best practices
- Experience with cloud networking, network automation tools, PS and/or Python scripting
- Work effectively either independently or as a team
- Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to prioritize requests, organize, schedule and coordinate a variety of activities and projects
- Highly comfortable and capable of troubleshooting complex network issues in an enterprise network environment
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time, lift equipment up to 50 pounds, travel domestically/internationally, work extended hours, and participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint) and ability to learn required business systems.
ASM Global reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. ASM Global may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled