Albertsons Night Crew Supervisor in LAS VEGAS, Nevada
PURPOSE: Exemplifies strong customer service in every aspect of the job. Supervises and participates in all night crew activities; communicates with Grocery Manager or Store Director, monitors and complies with Company policies, compiles Department orders and inventories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Grocery Manager in directing the operation of the grocery department, including supervising and training personnel on the night crew.
- Supervises and participates in all night crew activities in order to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction in the grocery department. Reports incidents requiring discipline to the Grocery Manager and Store Director. Communicates with the Grocery Manager and Store Director on night crew activities. Trains and supervises associates in all night crew activities, policies and procedures. Supervises total store on the night crew as directed by the Store Director.
- Maintains the quality condition of all products; rotates, stocks and faces products, discards out of code and spoiled products and maintains backroom. Cleans and dusts shelves.
- Assists in ordering, receiving, storing, stocking, inventory control and building displays. Operates related equipment such as hand trucks, six-wheel carts, pallet jacks and ladders. Maintains a safe, secure and sanitary working environment.
- Assists the Grocery Manager in planning, organizing regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs.
- Ensures cost, quality and inventory level through verifying orders against invoices, auditing contents of product cases and completing necessary forms and reports accurately.
- Implements Company and Division operating and merchandising policies and practices. Controls shrink. Prevents damage and sale of unsafe or out of code products. Assists in the reclamation process.
- Encourages and maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service. Handles positive vendor relations.
- Implements Company loss prevention and security policies during afterhours.
- Responsible for performing all job duties accurately, safely and with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be friendly and courteous. Must take initiative and maintain composure in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors as well have the ability to concentrate and deal with interruptions and customer complaints.
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team. Ability to work independently without supervision when the store is closed.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must stand and walk for long periods of time. Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs., within the range of floor level to overhead. Pushes or pulls fully loaded hand trucks, six-wheel carts or pallet jacks. May climb ladders. Utilizes safety cutters and cleaning supplies.
- Mental alertness is required to ensure safe, accurate completion of work activities and to do repetitious work accurately.
- Requires knowledge of basic mathematics, inventory control, storage, merchandising and shipping and receiving procedures.
- Mental dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to perform repetitious movements safely.
- Will be required to work nights, may work weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Must be able to work with little supervision. Regular attendance is required.
- Requires the ability to cover for various positions throughout the store.
- Knowledge and ability to implement emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
- Must comply with Company policies including grooming standards and dress code.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of 28˚ Fahrenheit while handling products in a cooler and approximately -20˚ Fahrenheit in a freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area. Occasional exposure to outdoor environment with varying temperatures.
Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled