LSC Communications Print Production Account Specialist 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada
Print Production Account Specialist 3 (1900005A)
Coordinate production of printed materials, or print related services for the company's customers. Maintain positive customer relations through active engagement of the customer through all stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final disposition of the customers product.
- Engage customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements in to detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions and shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers' products. Make suggestions to customers regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer and the company.
- Provide quality review for other Print Production Specialists to ensure all information is accounted for and accurate before commencement of production.
- Ensure job instructions are entered and verified in the various manufacturing systems and queued in to the production schedule.
- Provide pre-sales support with customers and discuss the manufacturing capabilities and requirements needed to produce a successful job. May assist sales with pricing/scheduling of potential business by referring to price sheets and engaging appropriate operations departments.
- Confer with customers throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs and coordinate changes to jobs. May forward/review proofs with customer, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- Coordinate production of components with other internal plants and/or external vendors as required.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer or manufacturing issues with customer jobs. Engage appropriate departments to verify the issue and determine the root case. May make recommendations to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the customer and the company. Communicate with customers regarding the resolution of issues.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, confer with manufacturing operations on counts and final runs and ensure the final product meets customer requirements and company standards.
- Tally the final production runs and work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
- May mentor junior level Print Production staff or work on special projects.
Business Unit/Platform Specific duties
- May have responsibility for determining the supplies and paper needed for jobs including the use of vendors to supply component of the customer product.
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates and determining how to efficiently process a complete job.
- May have responsibility for the composition and/or copy prep of the customers' products.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 8-9 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience. May possess additional education certification in this level.
- Requires excellent knowledge of functional area(s) related to the job or good knowledge related to a professional field of work.
- Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of the job.
- May provide oversight of work conducted by junior level staff and/or review/audit work for accuracy.
- Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties successfully.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively across departments when completing assignments.
- Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business needs.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
LSC Communications is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in any employment decision because of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal or local laws.