Allegiant Travel Company Rep, Heavy MX Induction in Las Vegas, Nevada
What are some of the daily duties of a Heavy Maintenance Representative?
- Monitors the contract agencies and vendors accomplishing work on Allegiant Air's aircraft to ensure that all maintenance & repair work is accomplished in accordance with FAR's, Allegiant Air's and manufacturers' policies and procedures
- Coordinates with the Manager of Aircraft Heavy Maintenance on aircraft in work at contract agencies or vendors
- Supervises other aircraft technicians or maintenance representatives as required
- Participates in planning/progress meetings that the contract agencies or vendors hold regarding assigned Allegiant Air aircraft
- Monitors workmanship and materials used during maintenance to verify compliance with applicable Allegiant Air requirements and standards, and FAA regulations
- Reviews and approves all non-routines generated during inspections, modifications, repairs, etc., for method of corrections, estimated labor, and materials
- Ensure that all items in Allegiant Air's work scope and "C" check package, as provided by Allegiant Air's Planning Department, are accomplished or accounted for
- Review and approve all completed paperwork for content and completeness
- Ensures that man-hours and materials do not exceed previously approved figures and are within budget
- Reviews completed paperwork to verify that Allegiant Air's policies and procedures are complied with
- May be required to sign aircraft logbooks or perform maintenance as needed
- Relays all major work scope changes, additional time and cost factors to the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance for company planning and budget updates
- Coordinates with the vendor's Maintenance Program Managers, Supervisors, and Allegiant Air management personnel in setting and revising the aircraft maintenance release times
- May be called upon to accompany Allegiant Air flight crew during airborne flight checks following maintenance work
- Must communicate effectively, both verbal and written, across departments and with upper management
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Aircraft Heavy Maintenance
What are the minimum requirements to be a Heavy Maintenance Representative?
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Must have 10 years' experience working at a Part 121 airline or Part 145 repair station or equivalent
- Must have 5 years' management experience with two (2) years heavy aircraft maintenance experience
- Airbus maintenance or training experience required
- Must possess a valid Airframe & Powerplant license
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
This position will be included in the DOT Drug Prevention and Alcohol Misuse Program as this job function is required to perform safety-sensitive job duties per the definition listed in 14 CFR Part 102.105
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a Heavy Maintenance Rep?
- Trouble shooting skills; Familiarity with manufacturer's manuals; Computer skills, General office equipment
What are the physical requirements of a Heavy Maintenance Rep if applicable?
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50lbs, climb, bend, stoop, crawl, kneel, and enter confined spaces
Allegiant is an equal opportunity employer and will not unlawfully discriminate against qualified applicants or Team Members with respect to any terms or conditions of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, military service status, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. This includes compliance with all federal, state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in all aspects of the employment process and the requirement to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with those laws.
Allegiant Travel Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, military service status, protected veterans, union/non-union activity, citizenship status, or other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability