The Salvation Army Resident Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
Resident Assistant Manager
Assistant Resident Manager for Men's House
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Men’s graduate with continuing involvement in a program of recovery preferred.
• Possession of valid Driver's License (Class B in California) with acceptable driving record. Ability to acquire the license within 45 days is acceptable.
• Ability to work effectively with others with demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Integrity, resourcefulness, initiative and evidence of self-improvement.
• Professional judgment and integrity in holding in confidence all information pertaining to beneficiaries.
• Demonstrate ability to support and apply the philosophy and goals of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center Program as stated in the Mission Statement.
• No evidence of existing chemical dependency.
• If in recovery, shall be free of and have had at least one year free of any active chemical abuse or dependency.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and other office equipment.
• Ability to communicate clearly on the telephone.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
• Ability to perform various repetitive
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Be in attendance and support all Salvation Army functions at the residence including such events as the Open House, the Spring Festival, and others as scheduled. If such events happen during scheduled time off, the individual may be eligible for either a
compensatory day off or overtime pay.
- Drive a Salvation Army passenger van as part of his duties.
• Transport beneficiaries to and from other Center approved functions.
• Provide services as a driver as required in the normal course of duties at the Center.
Prepare weekly schedules for beneficiary weekday and Saturday chore assignments.
Assist Residence Manager in ensuring that Saturday chores are completed satisfactorily.
Perform the tasks of the Residence Manager in his absence, monitor cleanliness and material condition of the residence and report discrepancies to the Residence Manager.
Assist the Residence Manager in administering Breathalyzer tests. Breathalyzer tests should be done regularly when returning from passes of any kind. When Breathalyzer tests are positive, the beneficiary is to be terminated immediately from the program;
in the absence of the Residence Manager, the Men’s Assistant Residence Manager shall terminate the beneficiary.
- Assist in the supervision and collection of urine test specimens, ensuring that proper security procedures are adhered to including labeling and transport. If observed urines are required, follow procedures for observing the collection of the sample. Urine
drug screens are required to be done randomly at least once a month, when requested by Rehabilitation Services staff, and when beneficiaries return from passes of any kind.
Monitor activities of beneficiaries, enforcing rules and maintaining discipline. Prepare ARCC-210s as appropriate.
Participate in activities at the residence, maintaining open relationships with all of the residents.
Ensure that the residence always has adequate supplies of containers and labels for urine testing.
Assist Residence Manager in the admission process as needed including tours of the house, introductions to other residents, orientation to the house and ARC rules, and inventory of personal property if required.
Assist Residence Manager in the process of beneficiaries adding items to Personal Property Statements, especially after shopping trips.
Make security rounds each evening before retiring. Rounds include all windows, doors, lights, main floor, laundry room, hot tub area, and garage door.
Assure proper operation of Canteen in accordance with policy of handling funds and canteen cards. Order Canteen supplies as needed to assure adequate stock of product.
When appropriate, prepare and submit ARCC-210 forms in accordance with current policies.
Follow directions provided by the Primary Residence Manager who is the immediate supervisor in all aspects of the position.
Coordinate vacation time with the Rehabilitation Manager to ensure that coverage for all functions is provided. Submit vacation requests to Residence Manager and Rehabilitation Manager for approval.
Act as a role model for beneficiaries. This includes personal attention to dress codes and in general behavior.
Know ARC Safety Regulations for the work site and for the residence and ensure that staff and beneficiaries follow these safety requirements.
Maintain confidentiality in accordance with established policies and laws in order to help maintain the integrity of the total program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41