Westgate Resorts Security & Safety Manager in Las Vegas, Nevada
SUMMARY: (General) working under the direction of Resort GM or authorized designee, includes, but not limited to, the following
The Manager of Safety and Security directs and coordinates the activities of uniformed Safety & Security Officers and Supervisors and actively manages and engages in the execution of the CFI, Inc. Security/Safety programs. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Security Staff and the overall Safety of the Las Vegas Westgate properties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Hiring and screening employees.
- Implementation and management of government mandated safety and security programs i.e. blood borne pathogen and hazardous communications.
- Conduct training sessions for various safety and security-related topics to new hires or as part of on-going on-the-job training.
- Organization and management of all department generated records.
- Establish and maintain daily procedures and responsibilities for Safety/Security personnel.
- Conduct routine safety and security inspections and administer an on-going safety inspection program.
- Create policies and procedures as required for the maintenance of an aggressive contemporary risk management program.
- Manage and/or conduct internal criminal and civil investigations and act as a liaison to Law Enforcement and Emergency Services Personnel.
- Act as a contact person and liaison to OSHA and/or any government health/safety organization.
- Coordinate and/or instruct employee health, safety and security training programs in cooperation with the corporate division of risk management.
- Manage any inter-departmental Safety and Security program and revise and/or reorganize as necessary.
- Act on behalf of the Manager on Duty (MOD) or any other representative of the corporation as directed. Fulfill the duties of and subordinate manager in their absence.
- Act as a task force coordinator for any event requiring esoteric or additional security services, (such as dignitary protection or special events)
- Act as facilitator and chairman of the Occupational Safety and Health Committee.
- Be on call and available to respond to incidents 24 hours a day.
- Respond to critical incidents and assume control of incident scenes.
- Act as a medical relations representative as directed by the General Manager.
- Administer progressive disciplinary action to subordinate employees as required under corporate policy.
- Understand and be responsive to the flexible needs of the Sales and Marketing Departments.
- Interact immediately with various departments such as Sales and Marketing to resolve problems and informs department head/manager of any and all such issues immediately.
- Will operate company vehicles as needed.
- Must comply with all other department expectations and requirements -- at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned when necessary.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of a security/safety supervisor and Security Safety Officers.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Security department personnel.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Planning, assigning and directing work. Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees. Addressing concerns and complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Current or past certification and experience as a public safety official (Law Enforcement or Fire Service) is preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four year college or university program certificate, or two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional certification from any government approved public safety training facility.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries and/or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies and/or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publications that conform to prescribed style and format. The ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with tens (10's) and one hundreds (100's). Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands or fingers, handle or feel. Reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described her are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to with stand extreme outdoor temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job description is a general description of the essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all the duties someone in this position may perform.