HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Social Worker PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here atHCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Southern Hills Hospital is located in Southwest Las Vegas just off the I-215 and Durango/Sunset exit. The facility is an accredited 265-bed acute care hospital providing emergency and pediatric emergency services, a behavioral health (geriatric psychiatric) inpatient and outpatient program serving ages 50 and older, accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospitalwasvoted theBest Hospital in Las Vegas.
- Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff,Southern Hills Hospital'sadvanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
- The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America, recognizedSouthern Hills Hospitalas a /Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®/ - the only Southern Nevada hospital to earn this recognition for four consecutive years.
- Southern Hills Hospital is the first institution in the state of Nevada to be recognized by the American Heart Association as a leading hospital in cardiology through their compliance with the “Get with the Guidelines - Heart Failure” program.
- In addition, Southern Hills Hospital earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for its Alzheimer's disease program by demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission's national standards for health care quality and safety in disease-specific care.
- We have also partnered with award-winning spine physicians from the Nevada Neurosciences Institute.
Join us as we achieve our mission statement:
/Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life./
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitiousSocial Worker/Therapistto help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The medical social worker is responsible for promoting patient-centered care by evaluating psychosocial needs, providing community service coordination for identified patient populations, and providing support and crisis intervention where indicated. The social worker acts as a liaison between the patient and community resources/post-acute care providers. The social worker creates and facilitates timely implementation of discharge plans and arranges post-acute interventions identified in the plan of care. The social worker facilitates patient movement across the continuum of care and identifies, addresses, and tracks barriers to patient throughput.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work required
- Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
- Minimum 1 year Social Work experience in an acute care facility
- State of Nevada Social Worker license required
- BLS certification
- Certification in social work or case management preferred
_Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities_:
- Knowledgeable about internal, community and post-acute care resources
- Basic social worker skills including but not limited to empathy, sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, advocacy, communication and crisis intervention.
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Social Worker PRN
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08967-6765