Robert Half International Staff Accountant in LAS VEGAS, Nevada
A terrific company could have the perfect full-time Staff Accountant position for you. This Staff Accountant position can offer you strong compensation, excellent benefits, and career advancement. Staff Accountant candidates who are ambitious and detail-oriented will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. This company, based in the Las Vegas, Nevada area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. In this role, it will be critical for you to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, AP, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close..
Your responsibilities in this role as a Staff Accountant
• Review all emails for accounting questions and tasks and respond with the appropriate action.
• Respond to phone calls for accounting questions and tasks and take appropriate action.
• Review previous days’ bank activity online to confirm transactions and identify other transactions to be recorded in GL and Sub Accounting System, and research questionable transactions and take corrective action as needed.
• Reconcile DOB (day of business) daily and make corrections as needed. Scan DOB supporting documentation for record retention.
• Coordinate and input payables and process outgoing Client disbursement requests within required timeframes.
• Upload positive pay file to the banking website and monitor exceptions.
• Transfer money among bank accounts, using internal bank transfers or wire transfers as needed.
• Post incoming rents and other income from property management or other payors.
• Process daily payments via ACH for Federal Tax Withholding from Client accounts. Prepare and submit IRS Form 945 annually for Federal Tax Withholding payments.
• Process and remit any Client State Tax Withholding filings when due.
• Submit all quarterly and annual State Tax Withholding filings when due.
• Run the Daily Sweep in the Trust Accounting System at end of day.
• Manage month-end and year-end close, running all required reports and files according to document retention guidelines and assist in completing financial statements monthly.
• Collect applicable Disbursement fees for all Client Service transactions.
• Post remittances to Client accounts upon receipt of data files and after confirming receipt of corresponding funds.
• Open and review incoming mail for payables and related items that require immediate action.
• Maintain orderly document retention files for all Accounting.
• Provide support to Corporate Accounting as assigned.
• Complete other tasks as assigned.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
• Must display the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands with continual attention to detail and accuracy.
• Accounts Payable/Accounts receivable experience required.
• Cash management experience required.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion.
• Must display ability to learn various software systems.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Location: LAS VEGAS, NV
Date Posted: February 15, 2021
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 03100-0011705334
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs