Wynn Las Vegas Utility Porter Kitchen Stewards Steady Extra in Las Vegas, Nevada
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Wynn Resorts is a Fortune 500 company led by hospitality industry visionary Steve Wynn. Currently operating in the top two casino gaming markets in the world, Wynn is financially stable and growth oriented. Our 12,000 employees at our Wynn Las Vegas and Encore properties have helped us win more Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world. Wynn resorts are known for their innovative design, luxury offerings, and exceptional guest service. Joining Wynn means working for a leader in the global resort industry, one that has set today’s standards and will likely define them tomorrow.
As Porter your role will include:
The Porter is responsible for cleaning all cooking devices such as stoves, grills, ovens, broilers, burner tops, steamer ovens, kettle-braisers, hood panels, deep fryers, dishwasher machines, stainless steel counters, drains, etc.
The Porter is responsible for washing, cleaning, and polishing equipment to ensure it is ready for use.
- Responsible for sorting and cleaning dishes, silverware, glasses, utensils, and assorted items as well as washing pots and pans.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of work area and equipment in accordance with the Health Department standards, and any other duties as assigned by Department Management.
- Responsible for bio-hazard cleanup.
- Candidate is expected to be prompt, present, and prepared for all scheduled shifts and adhere to all company/departmental standards.
- Candidates are responsible for performing all duties associated with Porter and Kitchen Worker positions.
- Candidate must be able to communicate in English, both in written and oral form.
- Previous experience in kitchen stewarding or in another physically demanding profession preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience as a stove cleaner in a high volume establishment preferred, but not required.
- Requires the ability to work consistently with industrial strength chemicals, and within a team environment.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced and stressful environment with prolonged walking/standing.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time, push/pull up to 400 lbs. at a time; and handle heavy machinery such as pallet jacks, tuggers, fork lifts, etc.
- Candidate is required to use Personal Protection Equipment.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, at present or in the future, for this position at all times
Job Title: Utility Porter Kitchen Stewards Steady Extra