General Electric Client Service Technician Apprentice in Minden, Nevada
Role Summary:Build your career and experience advantages of working for the "World's Most Admired Company" (Fortune Magazine) offering opportunities for growth and career advancement! In this role, the Biomedical Technician Apprentice will respond to service calls to evaluate, diagnose, perform repair and planned maintenance (PM) on basic biomedical equipment and drive customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
Essential Responsibilities:• Under supervision, evaluate basic customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate GE policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation, as guided.
• Maintain daily communications with customers as directed, to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction. As instructed, implement GE/customer facility contract, supporting business goals and objectives.
• May assist more experienced technicians on progressive repairs and resolution. Work as a member of local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• Document all repair actions and submit reports/summaries according to schedule. Maintain approved parts inventory. Manage vendor's service delivery processes in compliance with GE policies, as instructed.
• Ensure proper care of spares, tools and test equipment and ensure calibration. Enhance and maintain technical knowledge of current standards, codes and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment formal instruction.
• Meet Health and Human Services, as well as Environment Health and Safety requirements
Qualifications/Requirements:•Graduate from an A.S., B.S., M.S., diploma, or directly related certificate in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology, Mechanical Principles, or similar degree program or equivalent DOD military education OR current student of no more than 12 months from an A.S., B.S. or M.S. Electronics, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Imaging Technology, Mechanical Principles, or similar degree program or equivalent DOD military education OR graduate from an A.S., B.S., M.S. degree program and 1+ year of experience servicing electrical, electronics, IT, or mechanical equipment
•Must maintain a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 or higher based on a 4.0 scale
• Previous experience and/or course work in which you have successfully interpreted schematic diagrams and performed troubleshooting and planned maintenance on basic diagnostic imaging or electronic equipment following current standards, code, and procedures to ensure safe and effective operation of those devices.
• Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
• Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• You may not relocate more than 30 miles from your current location without approval from your manager.
• Complete all planned Quality and Compliance training within the defined deadlines. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Desired Characteristics:• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and perform effective repair and planned maintenance on basic biomedical or electronic equipment.
• Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations.
• Analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to the customer in an easy to understand manner.
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment in the electronic field - resulting in knowledge of electronic digital circuitry and understanding of electronic and electro-mechanical devices.
• Change agent and process oriented.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;
- General Electric Jobs