Lockheed Martin Database Administrator Senior (Level 3) - Second Shift Nellis AFB, NV in Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
Description: Location: Nellis AFB, NV (Las Vegas, NV)
Special Requirements: Second Shift Position
Who We Are:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
Why Lockheed Martin:
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics we value your unique skills and expertise and we aim to give back continuously by offering a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help our employees live flexible, healthy, and fulfilling lives at and outside of work. Some of our team’s favorite perks include:
• The promotion of Work Life Balance
• A competitive 401k match and bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
• Long term stability
• A receptive and inclusive culture focused on career development with tuition assistance and mentoring opportunities
It takes more than steel, advanced electronics and engine thrust to make the F-35 Lightning II, the world's fifth generation fighter, take flight. It is the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) that gives F-35 Lightning II operators the ability to plan, to maintain, to plan and sustain its systems over the life of the air vehicle. ALIS provides the IT backbone and capabilities to support current and future Warfighters across the U.S. and allied military services.
As critical members of the F35 Operations Team, all ALIS Database Administrators must be able to:
• Obtain and maintain Special Access Program clearance required for program access
• Be willing and able to travel for military deployments/detachments (ship and/or shore) for extended periods dependent upon operational needs.
• Capable of working various shift hours to include weekends to support customer mission requirements
Crave a challenge that is also rewarding? This is an operational support role to an active fighter unit; you will be responsible for the security and integrity of our systems that keep our jets flying.
As a dedicated database administrator (DBA) for our F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) team, you will be empowered to assure the integrity of our system by maintaining the internal databases and applications while collaborating directly with our customers as a trusted point of contact.
A Day in the Life:
Working directly with our customers, you will do everything from carrying out and sustaining system-wide backups, to disaster recover, support, and troubleshooting. Overall, you will monitor the overall health and status of the system.
ALIS DBAs are primarily concerned with ensuring data currency, availability to users, and the protection of that data from loss. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Carry out and sustain system-wide backups, disaster recovery, and database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates)
• Conduct data transfers between system (internal and external), provide user access to data, keep servers operational, configure assets to support user needs, and troubleshoot assets.
• Support testing, debugging, integration and analysis of database tools
• Monitor overall test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, patch testing, and the health and status of the system
•Candidates must have a Top Secret security clearance with investigation within the last 6 years.
•Prior Database Administration experience
•Experience with COTS/developed Software (e.g., Oracle and SQL)
•Proficient in SQL and Database Administration skills, which may include: Importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQL Server databases, executing/troubleshooting scripts, creating Level 0 and 1 database backups, utilization of Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) for backup and recovery, manual installation of Oracle Critical Patch updates, locating user session data via the command line, performance tuning, and reviewing V$ tables and DBA views
•Demonstrated system administration skills, to include support of Windows Server Operating System
•Oracle Certified Associated (OCA)/Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Certification
•Have, or be able to obtain, and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (e.g., Security+, CySA+, or CCNA Security) *Required within 60 days of hire for US Administrators
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs