Lockheed Martin Simulator Technician in Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Candidates must possess a current Final Transferable Top Secret security clearance. Current security clearance investigation within 6 years from the investigation close date. Candidate must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
This position at Nellis AFB supports the training, sustainment, maintenance, and operation of F-35 training devices.
The person will train and/or work:
- Install components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, and customer facilities.
- Perform, conduct, and document preventive maintenance checks required for the devices and associated subsystems.
- Update maintenance data collection records and assist with the installation and check-out of modifications to equipment.
- Maintain simulation devices to meet availability specifications.
- Apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting design drawings, manuals or simulator documents.
- Assist with installations, testing, and maintenance of F-35 software packages.
- Isolate and report malfunctions and discrepancies to the lowest definable levels.
- Documents and maintains cabling schemes and drawings.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards. Additional duties and related responsibilities will be assigned as required. Occasional travel to other sites may be required.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Lockheed Martin training team on site to fulfill F-35 training objectives. The successful candidate will implement and support Lockheed Martin initiatives, programs and policies as directed. They will comply with site security and access control procedures in accordance with F-35 program and customer procedures. They will sanitize all classified media (circuit cards, disk storage devices, etc.) in accordance with established F-35 and customer procedures. The successful candidate must have worked in an environment which required them to interact with multiple functional areas and personnel of a diverse nature.
Possess a current Final Transferable Top Secret security clearance. Current security clearance investigation within 6 years from the investigation close date. Candidate must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
Possess a current Security + certification or be able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment start date.
Demonstrated experience managing, operating, and maintaining Pilot Training Devices.
Experience leading a small and growing team in a field operations setting.
Demonstrated background with problem/incident management.
Demonstrated background with hardware / software change management. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work unsupervised towards program goals.
Strong systems engineering background.
Willingness to travel occasionally.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule aligned to customer operational needs.
Experience with F-35 aviation simulator training operations and military training operations.
Familiarity with F-35 Training System architecture, implementation, and operations.
Current F-35 Sim Tech functioning in the same technical role supporting Field Operations at an F-35 site.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs