State of Nevada ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER 3 in Nevada
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER 3
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 41
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: Permanent, full time vacancies as they may occur
in this geographical location.
Department: Employment, Training and Rehab
Division: Administrative Services
Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Job Class Code:
Announcement Number: 41010
Open to all qualified persons.
for another 4 Days 2 Hrs 36 Mins
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents function as first-line supervisors who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; assign and review work; and initiate disciplinary action.
The Administrative Services Officer 3 serves as the Deputy Chief Financial Officer over Accounting and Banking for the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR). Responsibilities include oversight of the accounting functions, financial statements, banking, and grant management for the Department. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To see full Class Specifications visit:
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and five years of professional experience including two years of responsibility for two or more major business operations such as grants administration, contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, human resources, Information Technology, or facilities maintenance and construction; and three years of experience formulating, developing and analyzing agency budgets; and fiscal management, one year of which was equivalent to an Administrative Services Officer II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Those applicants deemed amongst the most qualified will be contacted directly by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe in detail your experience managing a program or business operation in the following areas: a) grants administration; b) contracts and leases c) purchasing and warehouse operations; d) human resources e) Information Technology and/or f) facilities maintenance and construction. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
3) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing bill draft requests (BDR's); b) tracking and analyzing proposed legislation; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
4) Describe your supervisory experience to include discipline, performance evaluation and work performance standards for the following types of staff: a) clerical/technical/paraprofessional staff; b) professional staff; or c) supervisors in charge of professional staff.
5) Do you have a Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field?
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Do you have experience with multiple funding streams and grants management? Please describe.
2) Do you have experience managing a large accounting unit including banking and payroll functions? Please describe.
3) Do you have experience compiling financial statements for an Enterprise Fund as well as experience with fund accounting? Please describe.
4) What experience do you have with process improvement and being subject matter expert on a large financial system implementation? Please describe.
5) Please outline your experience with change management and organizational change within a large complex department.
For more information about state employment, visit the following:
Division of Human Resource Management: http://hr.nv.gov
Public Employees Retirement System: http://www.nvpers.org
Public Employees Benefits Program: http://pebp.state.nv.us
More Benefits Information: http://nvjobs.nv.gov/Applicants/EB
REFER A FRIEND
Help us reach qualified candidates! Refer a friend by clicking here:
Direct Inquiries or Correspondence to:
Division of Human Resource Management Northern Nevada 209 East Musser Street, Room 101 Carson City, Nevada 89701-4204TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) 326-6868
Division of Human Resource Management Southern Nevada 555 East Washington Avenue, Suite 1400 Las Vegas, Nevada 89101-1046TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) 326-6868
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button. Click Cancel to return to the previous page.