State of Nevada ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER 3 in Nevada
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER 3
APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY -
PAY GRADE: 41
For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: A Permanent, full time vacancy
Location: Reno, Sparks
Job Class Code:
Announcement Number: 40745
Open to all qualified persons.
for another 6 Days 23 Hrs 28 Mins
Administrative Services Officers function as business managers for a large division or major program area or facility, with responsibility for accounting, budgeting and business management of various services and operations.
Incumbents function as first-line supervisors who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; assign and review work; and initiate disciplinary action.
The Department of Agriculture, Fiscal Services in Sparks, Nevada is recruiting for an Administrative Services Officer 3. This position provides direct support to the Fiscal Administrator and will be the first-line supervisor of fiscal accounting staff, to include training, assignment and review of work, evaluating performance, and initiating disciplinary action. Under the direction of the Fiscal Administrator, coordinates the development, documentation, and justification of the biennial budget; oversees multiple budgets, completion of work programs, federal draws and federal reporting requirements, utilizing federal reporting software systems; tracks budget expenditures; fiscal year closings; and performs operational, statistical and fiscal analyses as required. Oversees payroll, grants management, contract preparation and monitoring, purchasing, cost accounting, accounts payable, revenue funding, and ensures internal controls and administrative procedures are reviewed and updated. This position has a travel requirement of up to 25% and a valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continued employment. The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
To see full Class Specifications visit:
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, accounting, finance or related field and five years of professional experience including two years of responsibility for two or more major business operations such as grants administration, contract and lease administration, purchasing and warehouse operations, human resources, Information Technology, or facilities maintenance and construction; and three years of experience formulating, developing and analyzing agency budgets; and fiscal management, one year of which was equivalent to an Administrative Services Officer II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
A valid driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES OFFICER
The exam will consist of a rating of training and experience weighted 100%. It is essential that applications include extensively detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. Your score will be based on the information provided in your application and your responses to the questions asked below. If there are several parts to a question, answer each part separately. Along with each answer, identify the position(s) and/or training (as described in your application) where you gained the background asked for in the question. Absence of experience/training asked for in a question is not necessarily disqualifying. Failure to answer the questions will result in a score based solely on the application.
Those applicants deemed amongst the most qualified will be contacted directly by the hiring agency for interview.
1) Describe your budget experience in the following areas: a) development of a budget; b) justification of a budget; c) implementing and monitoring a budget; and/or d) budget experience involving multi-source funding.
2) Describe in detail your experience managing a program or business operation in the following areas: a) grants administration; b) contracts and leases c) purchasing and warehouse operations; d) human resources e) Information Technology and/or f) facilities maintenance and construction. No points will be given if detailed information on your duties/responsibilities is not provided.
3) Describe your Legislative experience in the following areas: a) developing bill draft requests (BDR's); b) tracking and analyzing proposed legislation; and/or c) testifying before legislature.
4) Describe your supervisory experience to include discipline, performance evaluation and work performance standards for the following types of staff: a) clerical/technical/paraprofessional staff; b) professional staff; or c) supervisors in charge of professional staff.
5) Do you have a Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field?
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Do you have experience in managing in a centralized fiscal team? If so, please describe including any challenges that have come up and how you resolved them.
2) Do you have experience with contracts, work programs, year-end closing and biennial budget? If so, please describe.
3) What values are important to you as a leader and why?
For more information about state employment, visit the following:
Division of Human Resource Management: http://hr.nv.gov
Public Employees Retirement System: http://www.nvpers.org
Public Employees Benefits Program: http://pebp.state.nv.us
More Benefits Information: http://nvjobs.nv.gov/Applicants/EB
REFER A FRIEND
Help us reach qualified candidates! Refer a friend by clicking here:
Direct Inquiries or Correspondence to:
Division of Human Resource Management Northern Nevada 209 East Musser Street, Room 101 Carson City, Nevada 89701-4204TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) 326-6868
Division of Human Resource Management Southern Nevada 555 East Washington Avenue, Suite 1400 Las Vegas, Nevada 89101-1046TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) 326-6868
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button. Click Cancel to return to the previous page.