Cardinal Health Field Service Engineer in Nevada
This role requires upwards of 90% travel
What Product Support/Repair - Field and Depot contributes to Cardinal Health
Product Support/Repair-Field and Depot is responsible for troubleshooting technical problems, diagnosing, analyzing and/or repairing products.
- Install/configure electrical/mechanical hardware and software on site as well as conduct extensive audit processes to ensure equipment is fully operational.
- Collaborate with hospital IT department as well as internal resources to ensure network and interfaces are connected and running properly and escalates as necessary.
- Perform on-site and remedial training for customers, which includes the use of installed devices as well as our online application.
- Analyze system data trends and tools to ensure first time fix as well as proactively resolve future issues.
- VPN into devices for proactive and reactive error review, monitoring, problem solving, and configuration changes
- Solve customer issues and track with Salesforce to completion to include case management and communication.
- Perform all field repairs of any hardware or software used or deployed at a customer site.
- Completes all documentation up to date and maintains SLA for call/case closure
- Maintains Vendor credentialing for access to hospital/customer sites
- Escalates potential engineering/electrical/mechanical hardware and software issues
- Manage field inventory of parts and tools
- Provides feedback and updates to SOPs / improves processes and documentation.
- BS or BA in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science) preferred
- At least 2 -4 years of related work experience preferred
- Strong electrical/mechanical background.
- Ability to travel upwards of 90% of the time
- Strong technical orientation and experience supporting proprietary and standard applications in a technical field support environment.
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs
- Proficiency with VPN (Site to Site and RDT) and remote supports tools VPN, Citrix, Network Connect
- Strong analytical skills and able to organize and interpret data from various sources
- Understanding of hospital procedure area workflows preferred
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Linux and SQL required
- Familiarity with network base monitoring tools
- Proficiency with working in a virtual environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, prioritize as necessary so that all clients receive the highest level of customer service.
- Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work varied shifts to accommodate customer schedules when necessary
- Experience or ability to use Salesforce.com/Concur/Microsoft Teams/Microsoft Office
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs