Daifuku Web Holding Company ELS - AMZ - Controls System Engineer in North Las Vegas, Nevada
A proactive automation controls and technical support role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
- Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all FC's
- Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads, during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Mentor CSTs and CSLs within your assigned building
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
- Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance
- Partner with FC Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts
- Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within NACF Maintenance teams
- Handle flexible work load which may come from management or FC operations
- Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required
- Provide weekly site controls reliability information to AE central team
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
- Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to train others with lesser skills
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Systems controls design or programming experience
- Systems integration experience
- Field service engineering experience
- Systems trainer or training experience
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Proven history of remote technical phone support
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems
- Experience with industrial robotics
- Experience with ASRS systems
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and results.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless ofrace, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to manage resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel and Power Point
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:**Vision (Near, Distance)
Office environment which may sometimes be located in a shop area. May be around dust, dirt, moving machinery, temperature changes and noise levels below OSHA minimum requirements. Use of PPE is required when on site at a field location.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
# of Openings: 1
Company Division: AMZ