Albertsons Store Administrator in PAHRUMP, Nevada
Exemplifies and ensures strong customer service in all areas of the job. Provides accurate records of store sales and related transactions while supporting store sales and the overall operating plan. Performs store level cash handling and human resources and personnel functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for completing the daily reconciliation, accounting, and cash balancing functions (in some areas this may include counting the safe, counting, maintaining and reconciling self check out registers, and preparing the tills and deposits).
- Monitors cashier accountability and researches and reports problems and shortages to the Service Operations/Customer Service Manager and Store Director, including out of warranty checks, WIC violations, violation of check cashing procedures, cash variances, improper refunds and voids and till balance irregularities, etc.
- Partners with Division Loss Prevention and front-end management team to resolve cash and other shrink issues.
- Assists the Store Director with billing and invoices.
- Maintains sales book. Reports daily and/or weekly sales information to the Division Office.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties such as ordering money orders, bus passes, lottery, gift cards, postage and change (if applicable). Administrative duties include the use of various computer programs and e-mail system.
- Reports attendance problems to the Store Director and appropriate department manager in a timely manner, including attendance or schedule violations.
- Reviews internal and external applications.
- Conducts screening interviews and coordinates department manager interviews. Administers the job-posting program. Manages pre-employment drug testing and tax credit process. Completes the new hire process, coordinates training and conducts orientation.
- Coordinates and maintains all aspects of the hiring process including the computer assisted application and hiring process. May attend outside recruiting activities, such as job fairs. Maintains all in-store recruiting materials, applications, policy sign off forms, etc. Retains records related to the interview and hiring process.
- Orders and assigns uniforms, nametags, and miscellaneous store supplies. Handles outgoing/incoming mail, e-mail, and maintains miscellaneous office files. Updates break room information/communication boards as needed.
- Serves as liaison between the Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits Departments. Handles payroll and benefits administration issues and works with Store Director and Human Resources representatives in handling some personnel issues. Reviews associate time records for compliance with Company policies. Submits and processes payroll on a timely basis. Maintains all Time and Attendance reports, Time and Attendance Correction Forms, schedules and personnel records in compliance with Company guidelines.
- Coordinates, inputs and tracks leave paperwork including disability, military, General Leave, Worker's Compensation, Family Medical Leave Act and other leaves of absence. Processes appropriate paperwork for return from leave situations, processing reinstatements, termination forms, etc.
- Maintains Associate HR Records securely and keeps medical files (doctor's notes, worker's compensation, FMLA and other medical leave documents etc.) separate from associate personnel files. Ensures that current personnel files are complete and up to date and that they contain applications, policy statements, etc., by conducting in store file audits. Submits appropriate personnel status and address changes and termination paperwork. Ensures compliance with records retention policy requirements.
- Ensures that minor associates provide appropriate work certificates prior to beginning work, if any are required, and ensures that they are scheduled and working in compliance with state laws.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and the confidentiality required under federal and state law.
- May coordinate all safety-related activities, including monthly safety meetings. May coordinate service award programs.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately.
- Supports front end operations.
- Ensures proper cleanliness and neat appearance of the office area.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity, in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL AND GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strictly adheres to confidentiality requirements. Appropriately prioritizes workload. Thorough knowledge of cash balancing, cash handling, company policies, benefits, scheduling tools, payroll processing procedures, hiring, training and new associate orientation is required. Must work efficiently through organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Requires knowledge of one and two step math calculations (i.e., addition, subtraction, and percent calculations) and basic computer skills.
- Operates calculator, telephone, computer software and electronic equipment to order products, performs cash balance, plans and performs personnel functions.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and leadership skills, must sit for long periods of time, move, bend, stoop, kneel, twist and turn frequently. Ability to reach, lift and maneuver items of varying dimensions and sizes up to approximately 20 lbs. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- while demonstrating an understanding of Company Core Values as reflected in personal and professional conduct.
- Must be friendly, courteous, sensitive and maintain professional demeanor in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors. Must concentrate and deal with interruptions well, work independently, and take initiative. Good attendance is required. Must comply with appropriate grooming and dress code standards. Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- Must utilize cleaning supplies.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary.
- Generally, works in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Occasional travel, including overnight travel, may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled