Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Busser/Grand Café in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Believe and demonstrate through their work the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Vision Statement: Become the region's most respected hospitality and gaming company
- Mission Statement: We are dedicated to becoming a leader in the hospitality and gaming business by providing exceptional value and service to our guests, and commitment to the communities in which we live and serve
- Support the Food Server in serving guests in a warm, accommodating and professional manner ensuring total guest satisfaction.
- Bus and set tables, assist servers with orders.
- Clean kitchen and floors and empty trash.
- Assist food servers in setting up and delivering customer orders.
- Clear dishes and table debris, and wipe down tables.
- Set-up station, water, ice, napkins, etc.
- Sweep floors, wipe/maintain/stock stations and empty trash. Polish silverware, glassware
- Previous restaurant experience preferred.
- Candidate must possess the ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a tactful and respectful manner.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests, employees and supervisors.
- Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Dedicated to meeting and/or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Trusted and is seen as a truthful individual who is highly respectful of others.
- Consistently exhibits courteous, respectful, and appropriate communications and presents information in a concise and understandable format.
- Cooperate with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives.
- Contributes to a positive work environment, fosters collaboration and provides a tangible contribution.
- Meet requirements of regular attendance in order to effectively complete job responsibilities in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Grand Cafe
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 16 years or Over
# of openings: 1