SMG Chief Building Engineer in Reno, Nevada
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Chief Engineer for ASM Global at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, National Bowling Stadium, Reno Events Center and Reno-Sparks Livestock Event Center. Responsible for the day to day maintenance and operational efficiency of the physical plants including all functions related to event activity, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lighting, fire and life safety, security, climate control and roofing systems either personally or through subordinates:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and assists with the work of the engineers and contractors to ensure satisfactory task completion and compliance with ASM Global standards while ensuring adherence to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes
- Responsible for scheduling and time processing for the engineer department
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and supervises maintenance of the facility and equipment in-line with the standards of first-class facilities
- Develops, recommends and plans preventive maintenance programs for facility equipment and systems through Altum (ASM Global's Maintenance Management System) and CMMS work order process
- Schedules and oversees inspections of building and its systems as needed
- Manage the workflow process with multiple buildings and flexing around event schedules
- Assists in developing and implementing an emergency action plan for system malfunctions or breakdowns and recommends corrective actions and solutions as needed
- Ensures compliance with current and future LEED standards and protocols
- Maintains current Safety Data Sheets (SDS) on all products and ensures proper SDS labels and warnings are posted
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems
Directly supervises Engineers and Project Maintenance Manager in the Operations Department. The Chief Engineer carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM Global's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two (2) year degree or certificate of completion in any or all the fields of HVAC, electrical or refrigeration from an advanced technical support school, institution, or related association
- Hold an active Electrical Tradesman Journeyman license (Masters license preferred)
- A minimum of four (4) years of full-time work-related experience in the public assembly industry (stadiums, arenas, and/or or convention centers), with emphasis on facility maintenance/project management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Or similar combination of education and experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility, in particular, the methods, techniques and procedures to repair and maintain all mechanical, electrical and event-related equipment
- Understand and be capable of insuring that all laws, building codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management and emergency procedures are followed
Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials
Significant skills and aptitude in leadership, judgment, decision making and resolution of complex issues
- Ability to create strong relationships, lead a team and assign tasks through exemplary leadership skills
- Ability to work within given budgets and prioritize required property-wide projects
- Provide outstanding customer service to clients, guests, contractors and anyone who visits the facility
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results for multiple projects in a fast-paced setting
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, tenants and others encountered in the course of employment
- Implement and follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
- Work according to established standards and procedures set by ASM Global leaders, and lead by example
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of maintenance management software and the Microsoft Office Suite to include spreadsheets and word processing software
- Current driver's license required
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to facility emergencies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform strenuous physical duties that may include, but are not limited to the following:
- communicating with others to exchange information (talk and hear)
- move and walk extensively around the facility
- stand for long hours during events
- kneel, stoop, reach, crawl and climb to high walkways
- lift and/or move up to 50-80 pounds up to 10 minutes at a time
- perform work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- able to balance and have good manual dexterity
- work inside and outside of the building
- experience exposure to adverse conditions such as weather, loud noises or product fumes
- may occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please apply online at https://www.renoevents.com/about/careers or send a cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Corinne Ball
4590 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89502
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 229-7620.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled