FirstService Residential Club Manager in Reno, Nevada
Job Summary Responsible for the day‐to‐day servicing of Somersett Owners Association's clients and homeowners by establishing and maintaining social and recreational activities that enhance the overall enjoyment of the residents and their guests. Oversees year‐round food and beverage operations. It also includes providing support to the Community Manager by ensuring efficient and effective communications with all members of the association through established procedures of FirstService and Somersett. It also includes maintaining constructive relationships with the Boards and/or ensuring the continuity and the profitability of the relationship between FirstService and the Boards.
Responsibilities The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Work along assigned Community Manager as an integral part of the management team.
- Maintain regular and positive communication with each owner and abide by the culture created to enhance, promote and execute daily positive interaction among members of the management team.
- Manages the Concierge Staff.
- Communicate with Communications Manager to ensure all flyers and advertisements are complete for each event. .
- Plans and Implements the Association's Community events, specifically, Music on the Green and Sip‐N‐Shop, Fall Fest and MC Believe. Other events may be added.
- Oversees monthly Adult Events and other acitivities for Somersett residents; and solicits and books private rentals for residents at the Club at Town Center & Canyon Nine.
- Ensures the highest quality of service for every event executed.
- Keeps records of all rental agreements, deposits and payments, insurance coverage, staffing, revenue and expenses for upcoming and past events and rentals.
- Responsible for overseeing all setup, breakdown and execution of each event.
- Maintains inventory of all food and beverage equipment, food and drinks for the Front Desk, Golf Hut, Snack Bar, and storage areas.
- Monitors departments to assure that sales and cost goals are attained in accordance to the budget, and cost controls are in place and consistently utilized.
- Monitors purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper quantity, quality, and price for purchases.
- Prepares a monthly Food & Beverage and Rental Analysis report reflecting bookings, revenue, and expenses.
- Hires, oversees and trains the Events, Snack Bar and Food & Beverage staff to ensure maximum level of service, quality, and efficiency on an on‐going basis.
- Schedules Events, Concierge, Snack Bar and Food & Beverage staff as needed to meet the demands of the facility.
- Attend training as required.
- Works evenings, holidays, and weekends on a rotating basis.
- All other duties as assigned by Community Manager.
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Strong communication, customer service and inter‐personal skills.
- Previous experience in event planning and execution.
- CPR/AED certifications required.
- Security/Confidentiality: Responsible for maintaining Company, Member and Staff confidentiality.
- Skills for effective communication required.
- Budget Control/Responsibility: Responsible for reaching Club financial goals and presenting an annual rental budget and make recommendations for Capital budget.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Tables and Chairs (10‐30 lbs)
- Cleaning Supplies (15 lbs)
- Various Rental Equipment (30 lbs)
- Furniture (20‐50 lbs)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position involves sitting, standing and/or movement throughout the day. Must be able to transport oneself not only around the event location, but around the Club and Town Square as needed.
- Duties of event execution will involve stooping, bending, lifting, and grasping, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects weighing as much as 50 lbs. This type of activity may occur several times throughout the day.
- Performance of duties may require employee to be both inside and outside. Inside temperature will be controlled and the use of fluorescent lighting will exist. Outside may require employee to be exposed to the elements, which may include wind, rain, cold and extreme heat.
- Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled