Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Cook II - The Reserve $14.00!!! in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Believe and demonstrate the GSR Vision and Mission Statement.
- Supervise (in the absence of the saucier or Sous Chef) and participate in the area set-up and quality control of all area food production items in a timely fashion that is consistent with all safety and sanitation standards.
- Read, comprehend, and follow the daily forecasts, menus and recipes in order to produce and delegate the production of all food items for respective work area.
- Participate in activities of cooks and other team members involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with hotel productivity standards, cost controls and special needs.
- Direct staff in proper job functions and proper guest interaction.
- Complete food order requisitions using a computer, or pen and paper, to procure the necessary items needed for production in work area.
- Audit food storeroom items for quality, consistency and rotation. Work to control food cost and revenues.
- Make constant contact with both internal and external customers to provide optimal guest service. This includes contact with various hotel departments in an effort to provide/obtain pertinent information needed to ensure proper guest service is provided.
- Analyze feedback from customers, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement. Maintain a productive working relationship with all customers.
- Must be able to work in a productive and cohesive team environment
- Must have the desire to be extremely organized and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Ability to perform duties within multiple temperature ranges from hot to cold.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to work with interruptions.
- Strong knowledge of food service industry, cuisines and beverages.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Minimum 1+ year culinary experience in a high volume restaurant kitchen required. Must have the ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certifications.
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 1