The Salvation Army Driver (Non-DOT) in Reno, Nevada
04260 Production Assist FT Reno
Please note: Completion of job application is required. Before submission, take a moment to review your profile within the "edit your profile" tab. Data entered into the job application is assessed for ability to follow directions. Incomplete job applications
will not be considered.
Resume preferred, but not required.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call Jeffrey Toolson at 916-563-3775 or email him at email@example.com.
The function of the Production Assistant IV is to assist in facilitating the overall mission of The Salvation Army through the programs offered at the Reno Corps under the direction of the Corps Officers and the Production Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan daily route based on pickups and deliveries. Routes to be established based on system in place.
• Make all scheduled calls in a timely and efficient manner. Areas of responsibility will be revenue centers and scheduled pickup calls.
• Instruct and supervise helper, remembering that this individual is a beneficiary in a rehabilitation program.
• Develop assigned routes by placing donation bags at the residences on the right and left of the pickup location.
• Ensure safety and safe handling of goods and materials being transported.
• Be responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment including the hand truck, blankets, etc.
• Prepare a daily inspection report as well as maintain daily driving logs. Daily inspection for water, air, oil and other items essential to maintain equipment in good condition.
• Report immediately by radio to your supervisor any accidents involving your vehicle, personal injury and/or property damage. Complete with a written report upon return to the Work Therapy Center. Keep accident reports and procedure forms in your vehicle at
• Act as a personal representative of The Salvation Army, ensuring that all the individuals you come in contact with are treated with courtesy.
• Report immediately any problems to your supervisor through the dispatcher.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Nevada state driver’s license (Class C) with an acceptable DMV printout
• Must successfully complete The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Course
• Must be able to operate/feel comfortable operating a vehicle between 10,001- 26,000 lbs.
• Must be able to read maps and street guides and plan your route utilizing these tools
• Have the ability to operate a two-way radio
• Ability to lift a minimum of 100 pounds. This position requires lifting and carrying of furniture and other goods. The Salvation Army maintains a policy that approved personal lifting equipment (back brace) and the assistance of a helper must be utilized
when lifting heavy objects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41