Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Email Marketing Specialist in Reno, Nevada
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is looking for a talented Email Marketing Specialist to join our Digital Marketing team. Recently voted Best Hotel and Overall Gaming Resort in Reno, GSR is ready to hire an experienced marketing professional with the skills to develop, implement, analyze and optimize email campaigns for the organization.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for staying current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email. The ideal candidate will be a creative, analytical, organized, flexible problem solver, who can effectively manage production and delivery of email campaigns that drive positive guest experiences and revenue, in the exciting, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment of hotel/casino/resort marketing.
- Implement and execute outbound email programs
- Collaborate closely with Database Marketing team in the planning, targeting and scheduling of email campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with multiple teams (e.g., Creative, Digital Marketing, Players Club, etc.) across multiple properties (e.g., Grand Sierra Resort and SLS Las Vegas) to manage and execute all emails in accordance with established strategies
- Responsive email template design (in collaboration with multiple stakeholders) and development that help ensure high recipient engagement
- Maximize the use of the email management/delivery (marketing automation) tool to deliver effective campaigns
- Plan, set-up and implement multivariate (A/B) tests, based on recognized best practices – in order to optimize subject line and CTA efficacy, open rate, click-thru rate and conversion rate
- Stay current on email marketing best practices including coding, design and testing of email campaigns
- Template design, development and testing across multiple devices and email clients
- Set up campaign workflows and triggers in the marketing automation platform
- Analyze email delivery data to continually improve future campaigns
- Assist with creating report dashboards and/or custom reports for improved campaign performance
- Provide actionable recommendations to improvement to email programs
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of the email sends
- Create and collate any necessary reporting
- Troubleshoot and work with support resources to resolve technical issues related to email templates, list segmentation and other aspects of email execution
- Other activities and duties as assigned and requested by Digital Marketing Director and/or Digital Marketing Communications and Analytics Manager
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as delivery rate, open rate, click-thru rate, sender score, and sender reputation
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology such as Marketo, HubSpot, or Mailchimp
- Analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Proficiency with HTML (HTML5) and CSS (CSS3) development
- Professional competency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent working experience
- 2-3 years of experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation
- Minimum two(2) years of experience in digital marketing
- Casino gaming experience, especially understanding of player incentives and offers
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- A passion for effective email, and other digital, communication
- Strong written, oral communication, interpersonal skills
- Proactive, energetic personality with inquiring, investigative mind
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Ability to conduct research into code-, application- and software-related issues and products
- Highly logical and technically proficient
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to create and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions through decisive judgment. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment.
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1