Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Food & Beverage - Grand Buffet - Host/Cashier - Grand Buffet in Reno, Nevada
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitate the payment of guest checks by processing cash, credit cards, room charges, or special billing.
- Responsible for recording all financial data required by accounting and control the issue and return of all guest checks.
- Receive payment from guests in the form of cash, credit cards, room charges and comp slips; make change as needed, verify validity of charges, record charges and insure vouchers are properly executed in order to properly balance all monetary transactions. Make deposits/cash drops, complete appropriate cashier paperwork/reports, balance and secure bank.
- Post and payout tips as required. Create, and settle, all checks, comps, charges, etc., while running adding machine tapes on all charges. Count down bank and make accurate “drops” when required.
- Ability to operate a cash register, adding machine/calculator, telephone and credit card machine to complete guest transactions.
- Ability to operate cash register, photocopier, etc., in order to perform job functions and assist guests
- Interact with co-workers and customers in a professional and polite manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Previous cashiering experience preferred. Candidate must possess the ability to deal with customers and co-workers in a tactful and respectful manner. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests, employees and supervisors.
Possess excellent communication skills, both in written and oral form. Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete reports, correspondence and communicate with guests, Team Members and supervisors. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, customers, and general public.
Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of functions to be determined based upon the particular needs of the Hotel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Buffet
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or Over
# of openings: 1