Grand Sierra Resort and Casino Guest Experience Coordinator in Reno, Nevada
The primary job function is to provide business support to our Guest Services leadership team. The Guest Services Coordinator is also responsible for providing the best possible customer service in all aspects of the department’s contact with internal and external clients. They must be able to work independently, multitask on a consistent basis. Professional phone etiquette is required at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to guest reviews and inquiries about GSR in a professional and timely manner, achieving positive resolutions. Interactions include verbal and written format, through multiple feedback channels.
- Export data from guest survey platforms and create Excel reports and charts utilizing the data.
- Assist the Vice President and Director of Guest Experience with preparing for guest service training initiatives, monthly meetings, and events.
- Assist the Director of Learning & Development in preparing for internal and external Team Member training efforts and events.
- Facilitate courses and trainings as needed to GSR Team Members.
- Contribute in overseeing the guest text messaging platform, insuring guests are receiving timely responses and accurate information.
- Provide excellent service consistent with the property’s core service standards and brand attributes, exceeding guests’ expectations.
- Demonstrate and exhibit the guest service values of continual improvement and a coaching culture.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist resort guests in a professional manner to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious resort environment.
- Meet the demands of a fast-paced environment by using good judgment and the ability to multi-task.
- Organize tasks and escalate guest issues to the appropriate leadership in an effort to resolve issues.
- Own all requests and complaints, resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest’s satisfaction.
- Be knowledgeable of Hotel and Casino information to answer guest inquiries.
- Identify and report defects throughout the property; notify supervisors immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Assist with data management of the LMS (Learning Management System), importing and exporting training data.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Complete all duties in accordance with Grand Sierra Resort and Casino standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested and assigned.
- At least 2 years of continuous face-to-face guest service experience.
- At least 1 year of training facilitation to groups.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in dealing effectively with guests, management, and Team Members.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and computer skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have Emotional Intelligence and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred or any combination of education, training, or experience.
Candidate must have exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to accurately communicate reports. A high level understanding of interpersonal skills to productively deal with business contacts and team members at all levels of the company. Possess a strong attention to detail and engaging presentation skills. Has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, clients, and general public.
Have the ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a clam, professional manner. Ability to interpret and follow through on a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills are a must.
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate. Previous experience in security field or background in military or law enforcement preferred. Effective time management and multi-tasking abilities are a must, a professional appearance is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee: must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, team members and others. Is regularly required to sit; stand; walk and move through all areas of the casino; speak and hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. May reach with hands and arms above shoulder level; bend/stoop, squat, balance, kneel, lift and push/pull. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a smoke-filled environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Department: GSR - Casino Guest Services
Company: Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
Age Requirement: Must be 21 years or Over
# of openings: 1